Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

It's official - Albion now part of school curriculums

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Had an interesting email from a mate who's a geography teacher up in Cheshire.

He came to Fans Utd many years ago (supports Sunderland) and because down the years I've bored him to tears about the saga that became the Albion's quest for a new stadium he's chosen our plight and is making his 6th formers study Falmer as a case example of the farce that is England's Planning Process!! :clap2:

Think they may struggle to answer any questions in "less than 400 words" though :lolol:

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
i did a 12,000 word dissertation on the cultural implications of the football shirt as my uni final project.

Nice!!!! Wish I could do something that interesting for mine!!

Just as a side note, I did a sociology essay comparing football to religion, one that was rather easy to write, but has been lost due to the death of my old laptop!

Last edited:

Cue loads of spotty 6th formers posting on here asking "Can anyone sum up the planning process for Falmer in less than 400 words please"

How times change; when I studied Geography half the map of the world was coloured red!

Spider

Sep 15, 2007
Nice!!!! Wish I could do something that interesting for mine!!

Just as a side note, I did a sociology essay comparing football to religion, one that was rather easy to write, but has been lost due to the death of my old laptop!

I did my final A level sociology essay on gender inequality in football supporting. Was quite interesting, but also quite easy since all I had to do was prove that there's still a lot more men than women! (it was a little bit more complicated than that!)

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I mentioned John Prescot being at Withdean during the planning process during one of my exams on UK Consitution.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Im doing The Goldstone for Geography should a case study on changing urban land use! Just GCSE level mind you

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
My 20,000 word law dissertation was on the hostile relationship between the US banks and Credit Unions.

A thriller.

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
My 20,000 word law dissertation was on the hostile relationship between the US banks and Credit Unions.

A thriller.

Eeek, almost as exciting as: "Is there evidence to suggest that there are gender differences in presenting symptoms in patients who are admitted to emergency departments with acute coronary syndrome?"

Could be interesting, but having to describe why I chose certain databases to search for articles is a complete snoozefest.

seagulls4ever

Oct 2, 2003
I did a talk at school 4/5 years ago for my English GCSE about how Falmer was the best site to build the stadium.

Tight shorts

Dec 29, 2004
Sussex
I did "Our fight for Falmer" on a presentation skills training course. Learned quite a bit doing my research and educated a few glory hunters about what supporting a local football club is all about.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here