Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dennis Wise rumour

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Sky Sports | Football | League One | News | Wise in Seagulls link

Once again the rumour has re-floated, reminding me of something else that can easily float or sink, about Dennis Wise joining the Albion as manager.

I would not be so presumptuous as to claim I speak for everyone, but I believe I speak for many when I say that...

Dennis Wise has a reputation that does not endear him to many people within football, and certainly not within taxis either. I would consider it not in keeping with a club that prides itself on being a family and community club to have someone like that here in the hotseat especially when Russell Slade has done such an outstanding job here, and has genuinely lifted the place from the doldrums it was in six weeks ago to something we can once again be proud of.

My position would be to seriously re-consider renewing my season ticket if Wise were appointed here. Naturally, others may feel differently. However, to me, it is a concern. Russell Slade has, for me, earned the right to be our manager next season, and I hope that the Board recognises this, and act appropriately.

So - are you in a position to confirm or deny these rumours about Dennis Wise?

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Calm down Alan. These Dennis Wise stories are old news and a rumour which had no substance in the first instance. Wise was at our game against MK Dons and was seen talking with Ken Brown, as they know each other from Millwall. Some bright spark then put two and two together and came up with five! Simple as that. Let's get today out of the way and then I am sure Russell's position will be clarified.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here