Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Huddersfield Town vs Brighton and Hove Albion Official Thread

Joe Gatting's Dad

Feb 10, 2007
Way out west
Expect Andy Whing back as Adam Hinshelwood struggled at times.

Dean Cox injury not expected to be serious.

Other changes very unlikely unless the training hoodoo strikes again.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
Last time posting the official match day thread a day early was slightly amusing. doing this one 3 days early is just attention seeking, in a "i did it first" sort of way

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think it's, at least partly, a superstition thing. In the last match thread that was started early, sam mentioned if we won, he'd do this.

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
Will anyone be here? I Thought most of us were going to Huddersfield?!
Pull your finger out lads

tomtheterrier

Apr 22, 2009
I should point out, this is no longer a meaningless game for us ;)

Huddersfield Legend Andy Booth just announced his retirement, and so our game against you will be his last home game for Town. A bit of an analogy, imagine Shearer at Newcastle for the levels of adulation.

Everyone's going to be right behind the team and they will want to win this one badly. Should be a good game!

coventrygull

the right one
Jun 3, 2004
Bridlington Yorkshire
I should point out, this is no longer a meaningless game for us ;)

Huddersfield Legend Andy Booth just announced his retirement, and so our game against you will be his last home game for Town. A bit of an analogy, imagine Shearer at Newcastle for the levels of adulation.

Everyone's going to be right behind the team and they will want to win this one badly. Should be a good game!

I never believe the meaningless game scenario. Looks like its going to be a great game

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I think the meaningless thing is said by them if they lose, or by our rivals if we win. If we lose it's because they were able to relax without any pressure, or the players were playing for a contract.

Bloody typical - the missus has been waiting 14 months for a sodding knee operation which was due to take place today and is now delayed to Saturday :censored::censored::censored:

I love games in that part of the world and would have made a long weekend out of it and will now have to sit at home listening to the commentary (not to mention traveling to and from Redhill hospital).

Good luck to the traveling faithful :albion2::albion2:

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
Any team new yet???

:dunce::p:jester:

good one my son...........you done the last one well,informative,not to much posting and PASSION ............by the way you've got the job.................lol

SirDouglasLoft

Jul 4, 2008
:laugh:Good lad Sam

If we win Saturday do the Stockport one on Sunday evening :D

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Is it 0-0 at the moment ?

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
f*** sake Albion, we should be beating these clowns:censored:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
Just been looking at the stats for the last few games played, Albion have won 4 out of the last 5 but Huddersfield have won 5 out of the last 6.
Their form at the moment is as good as ours, which could possibly mean a draw is on the cards.
1 point would be enough as long as we got a minimum of 1 point from the last game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here