Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stockport minus 10 points?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Just read on 606 that they have a meeting on the 1st May and may go into administration. Would that then mean losing 10 points and putting them into the relegation zone?

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
No, the deadline has passed so it would be applied next season. Same with Southampton I think if they get a deduction.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
They must be in trouble, as the BBC website states Sale RFC have paid County's policing bill for their game on Friday night.

Not sure whether it means they lose points this season or next though.

gullshark

Dec 5, 2005
Worthing
I thought the rules are that if it has no effect on a club's position this season (i.e still relagated, or still mid table) then it is applied next season, however if its enough to relegate or knock a club out of the playoff spots then it's applied this season. Don't quote me thou.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
No, the deadline has passed so it would be applied next season. Same with Southampton I think if they get a deduction.

I thought they had changed it so if losing the points in the season you go into administration means that you would get relegated then they apply that season, while if the points deduction will have no effect or you would still be relegated without the deduction it applies the next season.

Sergei Gotsmanov

Russian international
Jun 3, 2007
Hove
I don't think so. The window has passed so going into admin now would see a deduction next season. Although I believe there is an issue whereby if the deduction this season would penalize them then it can be done now. Not totally sure.

How many points above us are they?

NF9

Feb 24, 2009
Brighton
We could give them a bit of cash on the side OFCOURSE....there would be certain catches...:D

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
I don't think so. The window has passed so going into admin now would see a deduction next season. Although I believe there is an issue whereby if the deduction this season would penalize them then it can be done now. Not totally sure.

How many points above us are they?

nine

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
They must be in trouble, as the BBC website states Sale RFC have paid County's policing bill for their game on Friday night.

their last home game of season nearly behind closed doors - they must be totally skint - How the fortunes of BHA and SCFC appear to have changed since Gannon turned us down...!

Gary Leeds

May 5, 2008
The rule is if the deduction of 10 points would be enough to send them down this season then it will be applied this season. If they would still stay up with the 10 point deduction then it is carried over. If the team is already relagated then the 10 point deduction is carried over to next season.

In Southamptons case they are unlikely to get a deduction as they have not gone into administration, their parent company has. Its another loop hole that will be closed off at the end of the season I think

drew

Drew
Oct 3, 2006
Burgess Hill

Wrong, after the deadline, the penalty is imposed in whichever season it has greatest effect.

No.
1.They have a contract with their STHs and possibly caterers.
2.The cash coming in for that match would far exceed the costs of policing the crowd.
3.Against League rules?

There is no contract with sth's that protect them from any penalties against the club. It is no different if the club have already sold individual tickets for the game.

It can't be against league rules if it is a penalty that the league can impose themselves. Also, there is no rule that says you have to allow spectators.

Sep 14, 2006
Philadelphia
I bet Gannon is sorry he turned us down now. Selling quality players, no money for policing and uncertain if they will survive for next year.

Good decision Jim!!!!!!!!!!!

clapham_gull

Legacy Fan
Aug 20, 2003
The rule is if the deduction of 10 points would be enough to send them down this season then it will be applied this season. If they would still stay up with the 10 point deduction then it is carried over. If the team is already relagated then the 10 point deduction is carried over to next season.

In Southamptons case they are unlikely to get a deduction as they have not gone into administration, their parent company has. Its another loop hole that will be closed off at the end of the season I think

It's not a loop-hole as such, but I suspect they will have to re-think it.

Is was put there specifically to protect clubs from owners. But of course it has been installed by clubs themselves, to protect them from er.. themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here