Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ice Cream vans

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
Ive just heard one near my house and it was playing a really bad version of Blowing Bubbles.

Has anyone else heard it or any other really bad ones?

I got a '99' with TWO flakes, just encase anyone was intrested!

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I went up to my local ice cream van and said to the bloke 'Two ninety-nines!'

Back came the reply 'A hundred and ninety eight!'

Didn't really, I just made up that entire conversation for hopefully comic effect :down:

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
we have a rather posh 1 in the nice part of hove that plays the theme tune to this
[yt]4Yd2PzoF1y8&feature=related[/yt]

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
What's the tune to 'in your northern slums' ?

I heard that today

Bombadier Botty

Complete Twaddle
Jun 2, 2008
How the hell can Ice cream vans be economically viable? Even if you sell 20 ice creams an hour every single hour you've got wages and running costs, keeping the engine permanently running to keep the ice creams cool etc. The profits margins must be pretty slim in our climate.

Lush

Mods' Pet
Because we used to get about four a day round the estate when I was a kid, my dad told me it was the coal man. :(

Although that's better than a friend of mine, whose dad told her that they only play the music when they're driving away. :(

The Spanish

Aug 12, 2008
P
Every ice cream man I have ever known has been a miserable cnt. It is one of those jobs that you think you may need a jovial disposition for, but then find out that everyone who actually does it is a complete misanthrope like the punch and judy man from hi de hi.

this rule also applies to seaside gift shop proprietors.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
My parents had Double glazing installed so we could'nt hear them when we were kids.:nono:

In fact i used to work on an ise cream van as a kid, Anyone remeber Joey ?

Really old van and used spend lunchtimes in the pub whilst i sold them outside, can't remember the name of it but the one at the top of Hillside in Moulsecoomb.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I am told by my son who worked for an Ice Cream wholesaler that a 5ltr tub of concentrated ice cream mix costs about £5 or did when he worked at the firm and that will give approx 250 ice creams @£1 each not a bad return. Hence Ice Cream vans sell at a very high price even old ones.

minnieme

Sep 10, 2006
Brighton
How the hell can Ice cream vans be economically viable? Even if you sell 20 ice creams an hour every single hour you've got wages and running costs, keeping the engine permanently running to keep the ice creams cool etc. The profits margins must be pretty slim in our climate.

I used to drive a van for another person, the takings on average were roughly £220.00 Monday to Friday about £300.00 on a Saturday & up £400.00 :eek: on a Sunday. Not bad for a week's work.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
You lot get off lightly, round my way I have to endure an ice cream van that plays the Pompey Chimes, just what you want to hear when you are sat out in the garden enjoying a nice summer's day!

KNC

Sep 3, 2003
Seven Dials
I always told my kids, if they play the tune, it means they have run out of ice-cream.
Works a treat!!

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Our ice cream van man was found dead in his van one afternoon. He was covered in hundreds & thousands.
Police said he'd topped himself.

(c) 1992

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here