Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

My Wife has decided we are going for a day out in Littlehampton....

• Thread starter Deleted User X18H
  • Start date

D

Deleted User X18H

....what is there to do on a Monday in Littlehampton any ideas??

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
....what is there to do on a Monday in Littlehampton any ideas??
You can go to Harbour Park for the morning then have dinner in the adjacent Harvester.
The afternoon you can tackle the pitch and putt in Norfolk Gardens and afterwards have an evening meal in the new East Beach Cafe.

D

Deleted User X18H

You can go to Harbour Park for the morning then have dinner in the adjacent Harvester.
The afternoon you can tackle the pitch and putt in Norfolk Gardens and afterwards have an evening meal in the new East Beach Cafe.
Pitch and Putt ...............super cheers!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Take it easy Tim :thumbsup:

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I don't understand all the jibes about Littlehampton. Sure, the name of the place is an obvious target for cheap jokes but I find it a pleasant little town. My kids love the sandy beach and miniature railway and I've spent many a happy hour playing pitch and putt. And for those of Irish descent and interested in history it's worth noting that Kitty O'Shea is buried there.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
I don't understand all the jibes about Littlehampton. Sure, the name of the place is an obvious target for cheap jokes but I find it a pleasant little town. My kids love the sandy beach and miniature railway and I've spent many a happy hour playing pitch and putt. And for those of Irish descent and interested in history it's worth noting that Kitty O'Shea is buried there.
:thumbsup::clap:

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Don't bother wish the East Beach Cafe. The menu is overpriced and pretentious. Also they have form for 'forgetting' to pay their staff.

Go and admire the wonderful Thomas Hatherwick architecture for all means, but take a walk to the other end of the prom and go and eat in the cafe next to the lifeboat station (underneith the look and sea centre). The food is cheaper for a start.

Actually, the look and sea centre is a good way to kill an afternoon, if the visability is good there are fantastic views over the harbour from the observation deck.

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton

Most of Littlehampton is an absolute dump. (Grew up there, so allowed to say it)

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
I went along to the Durch Bike shop last summer - and had a very nice walk along the front - and made a note to come back this summer.

We sometimes used to drive acoss to Littlehampton when we were young as one of the few sandy beaches around.

Remember the Micky Mouse (was it called that) roller-coaster ?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Anyone wanting to go to a quality beach (roughly) near here should take the time to get to West Witterings beach (west of Bognor) - absolutely beautiful, fine sand.

west-wittering-1630.jpg
- Best pic I could find, trust me it's gorgeous.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
You could always visit the venues from the littlehampton olympic bid:

[yt]<object width="480" height="295"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/gsTaojKpoyQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/gsTaojKpoyQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="295"></embed></object>[/yt]

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here