Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Kwit Fit Servicing + MOT - is it any good?

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Are there any mechanics on here that can give a reason why I shouldn't go to KWIK FIT. It's about 170 quid for service and MOT, is that reasonable?

Anyone recommend anywhere that will do it cheaper?

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Depends on what you are driving and what they include in a service, if it's just an oil change and filter then it's most definitely not a bargain

scooter1

How soon is now?
I'm always wary of taking my car to these places, even more so for an MOT as they tend to fail things where they get a good mark up and can charge a wad for an easy job. Setyres used to have a reputation for it....Shock absorbers, exhausts and brake pads!!

There is an MOT only station between Trafalgar Road and Boundary road, i've not used it myself but this seems like a good idea. There is no gain in them failing a car as they don't do repairs - its not to say they won't fail a car, but in theory they won't have one eye on your repair bill....

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
I would never ever ever ever ever use Kwik Fit to pump my tyre up let alone do a service and MOT, even if they charged 25p and gave me a £50 refund if I jumped up and down singing "you can't fit quicker than a Kwik Fit Fitter" in a tutu

REDLAND

Jul 7, 2003
At the foot of the downs
There is an MOT only station between Trafalgar Road and Boundary road, i've not used it myself but this seems like a good idea. There is no gain in them failing a car as they don't do repairs - its not to say they won't fail a car, but in theory they won't have one eye on your repair bill....

This is the best way to MOT your car :thumbsup:

Id stay well clear of Kwik Fit

Donk the Seagull

Registered Legend
Jul 26, 2004
I went to Kwik-Fit, a big mistake. My car was ruined after i went there they knocked my wheel alignment by 11mm and caused some serious damage. They fixed it all for free though. I would never recommed anyone goes there

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
So, not kwif fit then.

The car needs a full service and it's first mot so there won't be anything wrong with it. Think I'll jst see what the garage round the corner is saying.

Mowgli

Sep 18, 2008
Brighton
My sister had her car MOT at kwik fit, they ended up reversing a lorry into the passenger side of her car and then park the car right up against a wall so she could only see the drivers side in the hope she wouldn't notice the damage, so in a word, I'd say no.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Ive got a Peugeot and at Becks B/Hill they do a Serice and MOT for £150. Pick the car up, give a hire car, drop it off in the evening and vallet it inside and out

Thats service..

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
So, not kwif fit then.

The car needs a full service and it's first mot so there won't be anything wrong with it. Think I'll jst see what the garage round the corner is saying.

Friend of the Albion, Gary Stevens (real name!) Rapid Auto Centre, in Portslade, he'll do the lot for you, and if you mention you're an Albion fan he'll do you a deal too.

01273 422128, they have an ad in the match program each week, in the Good Business Directory. I use him for everything car related, rather than pay main dealer prices.

Smythe

Oct 8, 2008
Brightonian in Manchester
I'm always wary of taking my car to these places, even more so for an MOT as they tend to fail things where they get a good mark up and can charge a wad for an easy job. Setyres used to have a reputation for it....Shock absorbers, exhausts and brake pads!!

i work near there and have used it for last 2 MOT's. Cant complain so far and you can also nip in to Annas cafe next door for a rather good fry up while you wait!!

Don't get me started

One Nation under CCTV
Jul 24, 2007
All I can say about Kwik fit is they are quite good.

I had a puncture and the robbers dogs in Hi Q up by dyke road told me it needed a new tyre as they couldnt repair the puncture and that would be £139 pounds please come back to morrow.

So I looked at the Kwik fit site it was £119 I took it there, left it with them came back the allotted 1 hour later and they said....... No need for a new tyre mate, it was a puncture easily fixable £17 please.

So I have nothing but good to say about them and steer clear of Hi Q pardon the pun

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
Are there any mechanics on here that can give a reason why I shouldn't go to KWIK FIT. It's about 170 quid for service and MOT, is that reasonable?

Anyone recommend anywhere that will do it cheaper?

Tates at Carden ave Hollingbury did my MOT & service for £148 in VAT (£79.99 service price is for cars over 5 years old - 2nd year I've used them, no bullshit about finding stuff that needs repairing/doing to pass MOT - DO NOT use the one in Portslade, they are rip off artists.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Tates at Carden ave Hollingbury did my MOT & service for £148 in VAT (£79.99 service price is for cars over 5 years old - 2nd year I've used them, no bullshit about finding stuff that needs repairing/doing to pass MOT - DO NOT use the one in Portslade, they are rip off artists.

All about opinions and experience, but we've had exactly the opposite experience with them at Hollingbury.

Replacing 5,000 mile-old tyres which they fitted the previous year, brakes which didn't work any better, no noticeable improvement after a service etc.

I'd have said DON'T touch them.

Ho-hum.

Emily's Mum

Jul 7, 2003
In the jungle, aka BFPO 11
I have just got back from Kwik Fit following my MOT & 60K mile service. It cost £184. The reason I go there is that I don't get patronised in the way that women can when they take their cars to smaller places. The car passed, however, the car sounds different, it's got a deeper more throaty hum to it. Don't tell me, only women notice these things:dunce:

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Thing is, my car WILL pass so will be a routine service and easy MOT. I just wonder where it will be cheapest.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here