Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

st georges day march for ENGLAND in brighton

brighton fella

Mar 20, 2009
sunday 26th april, 12 mid day, at brighton station "prompt". march will end at the greens opposite the king and queen pub in london road where several speeches will be made. finished with a good ol drink up in the king and queen pub.
this march is not associated with the nf c18 nor bnp, all it is.. is an organisation formed by a group of footy lads f***ed off with todays treatment of england..ie.. the likes of mass imigration and the short straw treatment when concerning anything english.
we are fed up with griping about our countrys issues in pubs and now have decided to take matters in to the streets by marching.
its about time we had a national holiday on st georges day 23rd april, the scots welsh & irish do so why cant we??...answer..anything english is tarred racist!
if you are proud ENGLISH.. be there !! :drink:

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
Here we go again.

sir albion

Jan 6, 2007
SWINDON
sunday 26th april, 12 mid day, at brighton station "prompt". march will end at the greens opposite the king and queen pub in london road where several speeches will be made. finished with a good ol drink up in the king and queen pub.
this march is not associated with the nf c18 nor bnp, all it is.. is an organisation formed by a group of footy lads f***ed off with todays treatment of england..ie.. the likes of mass imigration and the short straw treatment when concerning anything english.
we are fed up with griping about our countrys issues in pubs and now have decided to take matters in to the streets by marching.
its about time we had a national holiday on st georges day 23rd april, the scots welsh & irish do so why cant we??...answer..anything english is tarred racist!
Great idea and just ashame im not available:thumbsup:

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
all we need is some dick to copy and paste 'england my england' now.

seriously, i'm happy to celebrate St George's Day and feel proud of who I am but must I have to feel downtrodden by foreign types to feel it?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
Someones reeling them in tonight...

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
I'm proud to be English, but I don't need to march down a high street with 1000 other people to prove that.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
this march is not associated with the nf c18 nor bnp
Although I bet the speeches will have a slant towards these organisations. Why not be up front and say this is a political rally rather than fannying on about it being for the football fans.

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I'm proud to be English, but I don't need to march down a high street with 1000 other people to prove that.

I think a 1000 is being very generous, couple of hundred would be about the figure.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
..anything english is tarred racist!

You might have more fun at one of these events.

April - St George's Day events : Enjoy England

St George's Day in London
Wednesday 23rd April

London celebrates St George's Day 2008 on April 23 with an array of free events including food stalls, parades, children’s activities and more.

The day gives you the chance to fly the flag with pride and celebrate English heritage in London with special events such as the popular annual Shakespeare’s Birthday Celebrations at the Globe Theatre, a festival for St George at Covent Garden and a parade at the Cenotaph. In Trafalgar Square the 'Food Glorious Food' theme means a full compliment of mouth watering food stalls to sample from some of Borough Market's finest suppliers.

More about St. George's Day events in London

King Lear at the Globe Theatre - London
From 23 April

Celebrate one of the Bard's most profound tragedies with a trip to the Globe Theatre in London to see their production of King Lear. Its tempestuous poetry shot through with touches of humour and moments of heartrending simplicity, King Lear is one of the most far-reaching artistic explorations of the human condition.

Find out more about King Lear at the Globe Theatre

Looking for a New England – Billy Bragg – Barbican Hall, London
23 April – 19.30

An alternative celebration of St Georges Day with a rich offering of English cultural delights of music and literature, all curated by the 'Progressive Patriot' himself. With Rachel Unthank & the Winterset, Tom Clarke (The Enemy) & Kitty, Daisy & Lewis.

Singer-songwriter and guitarist Bragg, who made his mark with his heartfelt, rough-hewn songs on a string of classic albums in the 1980s, has become preoccupied with the concept of Englishness, which inspired his 2002 CD England, Half English.

Find out more about Looking for a New England

St George's Day at Kenilworth Castle
26-27 April

For the first time ever Kenilworth Castle will host a St George's Day Weekend. On Saturday 26 and Sunday 27 April the property will be showcasing medieval themed falconry displays with Raphael Falconry and there will also be plenty of opportunity to meet a medieval St George and Dragon!

Find out more about Kenilworth Castle

Medieval St George's Day - Lindisfarne Priory, Northumberland
26 & 27 April

Join the medieval townsfolk as they celebrate St George's Day with demonstrations of archery skills and feasting. Then greet St George, as he faces a Saracen knight, and his famous foe, the dragon in unique mummer's plays.

Find out more about Medieval St George's Day

A Medieval St George's Day - Bolsover Castle, Derbyshire
Sunday 20 April - 11am-4pm

Celebrate St George's Day with our medieval knights as they demonstrate skilled combat displays. Children can also take part in a 'kids' drill' and hear traditional tales of St George.

Find out more about A Medieval St George's Day at Bolsover Castle

St. George's Day Children's Challenge - 1066 Battle of Hastings, East Sussex
Sat 26 & Sun 27 April - 10am-5pm

Calling all budding dragon slayers. Learn the skills of archery, sword fighting, stage combat and knights training before you embark on your quest to slay the dastardly dragon. A fun day out for kids of all ages.

Find out more about St. George's Day Children's Challenge

Medieval Courtly Combat - Beeston Castle, Cheshire
Sat 26 & Sun 27 Apr - From 11.30am

In honour of St George we invite you to witness the clash of steel as the Knights perform a medieval 'Tournament of Foote'. Enjoy this living history spectacle as weapons and skills are displayed. There’s also chance to try your hand at the noble art of archery (small extra charge applies).

Find out more about Medieval Courtly Combat

St George - with a Twist in the Tale - Carlisle Castle, Cumbria
Sat 19 & Sun 20 Apr

In honour of England's patron saint, St George, we invite you to join Inner State Theatre with their distinctive rendition of the encounter between St George and a passing dragon. With a surprising twist in the dragon's tale!

Find out more about St George - with a Twist in the Tale

St George's Dragon Trail - Old Wardour Castle, Wiltshire
Sat 19 & Sun 20 Apr

Calling all dragon hunters! St George needs your help to find all the dastardly dragons before they distress the damsels! Your dragon-hunting skills will be rewarded with a small prize.

Find out more about St George's Dragon Trail

St George's Day Dragon Trail - Framlingham Castle, Suffolk
Sat 26 & Sun 27 Apr

Calling all dragon hunters! St George needs your help to find all the mini model dastardly dragons before they distress the damsels! Your dragon-hunting skills will be rewarded with a fun sticker.

Find out more about St George's Day Dragon Trail

Medieval St George's Day at Wrest Park, Bedfordshire
19-20 April

Be part of the action on 19 and 20 April 2008 as thousands of people embark on the gardens of Wrest Park for a weekend of unrivalled family fun. Enjoy dramatic displays on horseback, see the Redcoats in full dress and revel in the fire-eating displays and falconry before browsing through our historic craft market.

Find out more about Wrest Park

Call 0870 333 1183 to book or for further information

William Shakespeare's Birthday - Stratford-upon-Avon
23 - 26 Apr 2008 - Parade Sat 11am

Tradition holds that the 23 April is William Shakespeare's birthday, three days prior to the date recorded in the church records for his baptism.

In Stratford-upon-Avon, the Bard’s hometown, ambassadors, townspeople, directors and thousands of onlookers come to participate in the Shakespeare’s Birthday parade.

Find out more about the Shakespeare Birthday Celebrations

Celebrate St George's Day - Street Theatre at Blists Hill Victorian Town - Shropshire
Saturday 19 - Wednesday 23 April

The Prince Albert Players, travelling actors from Blists Hill Victorian Town in the Ironbridge Gorge, Shropshire, will perform the legend of St George and the Dragon at the open-air museum. It will be the first time that this type of street theatre has taken place at Blists Hill. The simple twenty minute performance, using props taken from a barrow, will take place at noon and 2pm each day from Saturday 19 April until St George’s Day, Wednesday 23 April, and there will be no extra charge to visitors.

Also at Blists Hill, visitors will be able to experience a bygone era as they meander through the homes, shops and workshops of the open-air living history museum, which recreates life in the late 19th century. Admission charges apply.

Contact the Ironbridge Tourist Information Centre on Tel: 01952 884 391 or visit Ironbridge Gorge Museum for more information.

St George's Day Joust & Fayre – Cressing Temple, Essex
Saturday 19 April & Sunday 20th - 10am-5pm

Celebrate the day's patron saint at a full weekend showcasing warfare through the ages. Marvel at mounted knights crossing lances, catch knights in shining armour and archers in battle. Sideshows all day and a medieval market - plus quality catering and real ale bar.

Find out more about St George's Day Joust & Fayre

George & the Dragon - Tutbury Castle, Staffordshire
Sunday 20 April

Medieval Mummers Play out their ancient story of the Patron Saint of England, St. George, as he does battle with the dragon. The popular Vikings of Middle England are the enactors playing the famous characters with lots of cheering and booing expected.

Interestingly, the George & Dragon play has been performed at the Castle for the past 700 years for the entertainment of the Lords and Ladies who lived here.

Find out more about George & the Dragon at Tutbury Castle

Les Biehn

GAME OVER
Aug 14, 2005
Perhaps if we hadn't gone round f***ing over a load of other nationalities in the past we wouldn't see any over nationalistic tendancies towards this country as racist. Christ, it shocks me how these people think they are being oppressed by foreigners.

csider

Dec 11, 2006
Hove
last yr there was a handfull.

and all it got on this site was slated!!

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
[yt]<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/t8Jh6UZnhDs&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/t8Jh6UZnhDs&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>[/yt]

Don't play the above near your mum, NSFW either with the sound on

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Let me guess; a load a single over-weight pasty middle aged men in ill-shaped clothing marching to the pub. Sounds beautiful.

macky

Dec 28, 2004
all we need is some dick to copy and paste 'england my england' now.

seriously, i'm happy to celebrate St George's Day and feel proud of who I am but must I have to feel downtrodden by foreign types to feel it?

im here
but im to thick to do it
do us a favour and do it for me
and why here we go again ??

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here