Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Dear Nathan Jones...

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
and according to today's Argus, he loves the city by the sea and would like to return as manager one day.

he might just wanna check out his popularity rating on here first....

casbom

Jul 24, 2007
I wouldn't be surprised to see him back here in the summer as assistant coach to Mr Slade ;)

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester
Give it a few months, Mr. Jones, and DK will probably be manager shopping again......you'll need to show the right qualities though.

1). Are you willing to come and manage Brighton and Hove Albion? and (most importantly)
2). Are you cheap?

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
He is alright, I know him well from old and he really has only good things to say about us.

edna krabappel

NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 7, 2003
He is alright, I know him well from old and he really has only good things to say about us.

I presume you're excluding the moments when he flings himself to the ground in order to get our players sent off?

It did amuse me no end when I picked up the Argus towards the final minutes of today's game, to see the line "Albion legend Jones wants to return as boss one day" or something like that.

To be fair to him, we've witnessed plenty of performances like the one Yeovil put in today, only it's tended to be us putting them in, so Nathan: don't call us, we'll call you...

Rougvie

Rising Damp
Aug 29, 2003
Hove, f***ing ACTUALLY.
I presume you're excluding the moments when he flings himself to the ground in order to get our players sent off?

A incident that could be constued either way dependant on which angle you saw it from.

He is a good bloke, I am not advocating he returns, and by know means a legend, but a good bloke who wishes us no harm.

mrhairy

Sep 4, 2004
Brighton
Why do you all hate him. Yes I was at their ground and perhaps he did get Jo sent off. But get over it. He loves Brighton. Always tried his best and does not deserve this.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Jonesy was a great player for us.

'Great' might be going a bit far BUTTERBALL, but I know what you mean. Its his subsequent actions that we aren't particularly enamoured with. His part in the sending off of Joe Anyinsah being a prime example. His 'giving it large' celebrations in front of a largely appreciative Albion away crowd the time before, being another.

FalmerforAll!**

NSC's Most Intelligent
Oct 26, 2005
Burgess Hill
Why do you all hate him. Yes I was at their ground and perhaps he did get Jo sent off. But get over it. He loves Brighton. Always tried his best and does not deserve this.

Although very annoyed at the time, that doesn't bother me overly. It's the fact that after the game he came over and started sarcastically applauding us. Don't get me wrong, it wasn't an apologetic applause, why he would bother to come over to us despite the chants of 'Nathan Jones, is a wanker' is beyond me other than to goad. Also Adams' interview after the game he was confronted, to which he continously replied 'I don't know what you mean'.

Fair enough though, I'm over it. The fact that he helped us with the Slade appointment and the fact that he was part of the management team that we utterly battered today was more than enough to make up for it. He's just another player to me now.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here