Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams long term plan

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
Hello Insider.

Earlier this season Micky said that us fans would just have to put up with the football as there is a long term plan (or words to that effect). Would it be possible for this plan to be made public?

It must be jolly cunning because for the life of me I can't figure out what plan involves playing players out of position, total hoofball, leaving the better squad players on the bench, letting Adam Virgo play in whatever position his astrologist deems best for his inner karma and perhaps the most baffling part of the plan - getting Brighton relegated.

Oh, and please pass on my apologies to Mr Adams for doubting him and causing him to lose faith in me. I understand that our current predicament is the fault of the fans.

Thanks

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
The long-term plan is to improve the squad to one that plays decent football and wins promotion to the Championship in time for Falmer. Currently, NOBODY is happy with the position we currently find ourselves, but as two of the players pointed out after the game on Saturday, it is unfair to lay the blame entirely on Micky Adams.

In regard to you hoof comment. The team have had to play some direct football at Withdean (although in the last few games the state of the pitch has tended to dictate that somewhat) - but I would imagine any team stuck with a pitch like ours (because of the weather) would be forced to opt for a more direct approach.

Regards Adam Virgo, with Andrew Whing not fit, MA had little other option on Saturday - his only other candidate was Adam El-Abd, who went in there and did a decent enough job after half an hour.

Finally, I don't think MA has ever blamed the fans. The large majority of fans have been first-class this season. Patient, understanding and thoroughly supportive of the team. We are all fed up with the results - staff, players, fans - but I am confident that this team/squad has more than enough ability to turn things around and give the supporters something back in the final quarter of the season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here