Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

OT:i'm trying to get a position on a football website writing biographies,look please

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
I'm trying to get on www.sporting-heroes.net as a biography writer, i'm gonna post the biography i sent off to them and tell me what you think please? thanks in advance

at the start of the 2000/2001 season,with his centre back's(Keown and Adams) heading towards the end of their careers,Arsene Wenger sought to add a new defender to his squad.Many people were surprised by his choice of the relatively unknown Latvian internation Igor Stepanovs for £1 million at the start of September 2000. He had to wait until the boxing day anihilation of Leceister(6-1) before he made his first team debut. He was performing reasonably well in the absence of Keown and Adams until that humilating day at Old Trafford, and many people pointed the blame at him for the 6-1 scoreline they sunk to. Following that match Stepanovs lost his place in the team, and only played once more during the season. In the summer of 2001, Wenger snapped up Sol Campbell, a much more popular choice of future centre back then Stepanovs.With Campbell.Adams,Keown,Luzhny, and Upson all ahead of him for a place in team its hardly surprising he only featured 6 times in the league champions campaign. He played even less during 2002/3, making just 2 appearances, in the last two games of the season, as the title had already been lost and a mixture of suspensions,injuries, and resting players for the FA Cup final gave him his chance.The future is unlikely to yield any major first team oppurnities for stepanovs at arsenal, he is likely to sit out his contract, make the odd appearance in the worthington cup, then leave and be remembered mainly for his part in the game arsenal fans wish they could forget.

its crap i know:nono:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
I already told you Big C, its quite good. Do a few more and see how they turn out:clap:

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Thats not bad at all bigc, it certainly aint crap, its better than some of the drivel you read on football websites and certainly better than the drivel we read from Mandy Naylor... Ever thought of doing his job instead?
:thumbsup2

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
yeah, i'd love to do that as a job.
watch the albion for a living? think i could handle that:cool:

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
Curious Orange said:
Seems solid enough, could maybe do with a bit of pre-Arsenal background - did he do anything exciting with previous clubs?

I would have included some, but its only for his Highbury career

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
It would be good to add an extra sentence somewhere near the top describing him as a player...i.e. strengthes and weaknesses, that sort of stuff.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
To be honest, your biggest issue is grammar. The content is decent, but the formatting of it needs some work basically.

I agree with Trueblue that it'd be ideal to add something in about why he was bought in the first place I.e. Characteristics that attracted Wenger to him.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Whilst it would knock lumps out of HB&B's efforts, there is a little of the fact filled exam passing technique running through it.

The article contains a lot of information which is best with a gentle narrative rather than in crude, stop start, sentences.

Try to avoid beginning sentences with the same word again if possible.

studio150

Jul 30, 2011
On the Border
Why has this thread been bounced, when it's almost 13 years old?

This is strange as it is not the only thread I have opened today which has had a gap of years between posts and no rationale as to why anyone would go hunting for the OP.
Is this linked to the updates that [MENTION=6886]Bozza[/MENTION] was doing yesterday?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here