Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Skins - Series Three

the characters just seem copies of those from the first two previous series.

Definetly agree in terms of Cook and Pandora. Freddie is a new style of character, and JJ is the more intelectual version of Sid, with other differences also.

Another almost similar point is that in Sereis 1 they dealt with a drug dealer, and now its a gang boss. Thought Mackenzie Crook fitted well in that role

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
I enjoyed series one a lot, but stopped watching it midway through series 2 as i thought it was a pile of crap.

Watched it yesterday and it was alright, but the characters weren't as good as the characters in series one.

HseagullsH

NSC's tipster
May 15, 2008
Brighton
Mackenzie Crook is an absolute legend. I still struggle to take him seriously though after his ridiculous role as Gareth in The Office

Yes same, The Office has always been my favourite ever program.

I don't think the character suited him yesterday, even if he did a decent job of it.

k2bluesky

Sep 22, 2008
Brighton
I enjoyed series one a lot, but stopped watching it midway through series 2 as i thought it was a pile of crap.

Watched it yesterday and it was alright, but the characters weren't as good as the characters in series one.

Yep agree, the acting is to OTT making this series a far too jokey, now more a comedy than a drama, series 1/2 characters, Tony, Sid, Cassie etc were far more believable and likeable which is why I think they have brought Mackenzie Crook, Geoffrey Hughes, Harry Enfield etc into series 3 to bolster the lack of main character umph! That tit who is so OTT is bloody ridiculous, hope Mackenzie Crook's character wipes him out soon.

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
I've only seen the 1st ep of this series, I think ep 2 is rerpeated tonight so will try & catch it.

Somebody made the very good point about comedy/drama and I certainly liked the 1st 2 series because it was a drama that had many funny moments but also many sad moments and characters that you built an affinity with.

I'm sure the character bit will build but the way the adults were portrayed was well over the top and far from reality. Keep it real(ish) rather than slapstick.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
missed the first 15 mins (will catch up later) what I saw was really good.

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
Was really looking forward to the return and was prepared to give them a chance after the first episode but the second was really dire. Where's the characterisation?

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
I have to say that Shameless was rather dreadful on Tuesday and I am hoping that picks up rather soon, although it was only the first episode.

Episode 3 looks good from the promo at the end of last nights showing.

I roared with laughter when Eileen the OAP got up on stage to do a striptease with the 2 fit birds. You see a rear shot of her taking off her bra , the next shot is an empty pub.:lolol:

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Episode three has just finished and I say it was refreshing and a good episode. The character Thomas I thought was excellent and I hope he makes further appearances, can see him coming back before the end of the series to meet up with Pandorra.

Emily has also now admitted she is a lesbian, so the storyline with her can get intersting.

Bring on episode 4.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
I roared with laughter when Eileen the OAP got up on stage to do a striptease with the 2 fit birds. You see a rear shot of her taking off her bra , the next shot is an empty pub.:lolol:

I have to say the second episode of Shameless on Tuesday was a lot better than the first one of the sixth series.

Episode three has just finished and I say it was refreshing and a good episode. The character Thomas I thought was excellent and I hope he makes further appearances, can see him coming back before the end of the series to meet up with Pandorra.

Emily has also now admitted she is a lesbian, so the storyline with her can get intersting.

Bring on episode 4.

Thomas is certainly the best character of the new series so far.

RM-Taylor

He's Magic.... You Know
Jan 7, 2006
Surely he will be back very soon.

I would have thought he would be a fairly key character in this series as they found a place for him in the main title credits.

He will be back soon as he actually is involved through-out the series, and not in that just particular episode.

Just listened to him and one of the twins being interviewed on Radio One.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
He will be back soon as he actually is involved through-out the series, and not in that just particular episode.

Just listened to him and one of the twins being interviewed on Radio One.

Must be doing Media Studies at college at the moment then Russ :laugh:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here