Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Legal Drink Drive Limit

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
The Drink Drive limit is hard to exactly work out, it depends on how big you are, how much you ate etc. Drinking x ammount can put some people over the limit whereas others would still be under it

The Drink Drive limit is hard to exactly work out, it depends on how big you are, how much you ate etc. Drinking x ammount can put some people over the limit whereas others would still be under it

But there's an actual unit allowance on a breathalyser ain't there?
ie, one pint = 1.4 units or whatever.

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
But there's an actual unit allowance on a breathalyser ain't there?
ie, one pint = 1.4 units or whatever.

There is no allowance just a limit, which i believe is 35 milli grams, not sure someone will know the actual amount.
Any drink has the potential to put you over the limit,
Simply , if your are going to drive, its not worth the risk.

bhafc4eva

Nov 21, 2003
I usually stick too 2 pints of John Smith's when driving as believe I would be ok if caught. This time of year however I tend to stay clear if driving.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
The only definitive answer is dont have even 1 pint.

I can never understand why people go to a pub and have 1 pint then drink soft drinks all night or vice versa drink soft drinks all night and then have 1 pint before going home. If you are spending the time in a pub drinking coke or similar why not stay on it all night what is the point of having 1 pint of anything and taking even a slight chance that you may be over the limit.

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab

another factor is how much did you have last night? anyhoo, 1 pint, what's the point?

I only ask because I usually have one Guinness at lunch before driving home, albeit 4 hours later. Someone told me earlier that's over the limit and not to risk it with all the rozzers doing random checks.

Not only that but it makes me do sloppy poos anyway.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
I only ask because I usually have one Guinness at lunch before driving home, albeit 4 hours later. Someone told me earlier that's over the limit and not to risk it with all the rozzers doing random checks.

Not only that but it makes me do sloppy poos anyway.

Alcohol is 'cleaned' out of your system, depending on your metabolism, at a rate of roughly 1 unit per hour.

So one Guinness should have cleared your system by home time.

Arthur

Jul 8, 2003
Buxted Harbour
I wouldn't bother drinking at all over the Christmas period or ever again for that matter if you plan to drive a car ever. Better safe than sorry eh! :thud:

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patreon
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
In the sad old bad old days in Brighton my insane colleague was a habitual drink driver. He'd announce in Richard's Wine Bar or Lords that he was "Too damn drunk to walk" so he'd take the car.

Man was a loon. No idea what happened to him since we lost touch but with luck he is locked up and no innocent people got hurt.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
The limit is 35 microgrammes of alcohol per 100 millilitres of breath.

You can't work it out in units as different people have different physiological responses to alcohol, but it's true to say your body generally gets rid of alcohol at around one unit per hour.

I've had plenty of people fail breath tests after a only couple of pints...but then again what they've TOLD me they've drunk and what they've actually had are not necessarily the same thing, so who knows.

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Scored ZERO when tested last week...said i hadnt had a drink for a week but copper insisted on testing me...what are your rights to refuse a test ?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here