Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

New Forest Lapland experience disappointing

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
It's snow joke what's going on down there.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
It is shocking, but then again, why on earth would anyone want to go to such an "attraction" in this country anyway? So many people in this country are just sheep, they see an advert for something and just go to it. How about asking yourself the question "do I want to see this?" before you go? Then perhaps they would realise they do not in fact want to go, and these rip off merchants wouldn't have a trade to ply.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
The missus wanted to do this but I refused to pay what they charge. Glad I did now.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Is there anyone on here who'll own up to having been? PLEASE

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
The missus wanted to do this but I refused to pay what they charge. Glad I did now.

No offence but, out of interest, how much would she have wanted to pay to see this?
1.jpg

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
She would have gone mental so would I. So glad my £25 per head is firmly still in my wallet.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Increasingly, I'm feeling on this story that if you're dumb enough to pay for that, you deserve everything you get. Or rather, you don't get.

Unless he did actually promise them the best view of the Northern Lights, Santa's original reindeer troupe, and polar bears.

backson

Registered Mis-user
Jul 26, 2004
I did look into this, as it was advertised on a large banner at the top of the Argus website a couple of weeks ago.

As soon as I saw the prices though.....

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
Is there anyone on here who'll own up to having been? PLEASE
I went on a New Forest Lapland experience. It consisted of driving to my dad's house in the New Forest, before bording a place to LAPLAND very early the following morning from Southampton airport.

It was well good too! Do I win five pounds?

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
9.jpg

This is a good effort though. Very convincing. And look at all the fir tree branches along the wall - if that doesn't scream "ITS CHRIIIIISTMAAAAAAS !" in true noddy Holder stylee, then I don't know what does.

tinx

Jul 6, 2003
Horsham Town
I'm sure health and safety will be interested in the exposed wires at child height in a public area too

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
It is shocking, but then again, why on earth would anyone want to go to such an "attraction" in this country anyway?

With daytrips to Lapland costing c£400pp and 3 day trips close to £1000pp, I guess parents are seeing this as an opportunity to give their kids a little bit of Christmas magic for a fraction of the cost.

I can understand why people would give it a go.

house your seagull

Train à Grande Vitesse
Jul 7, 2004
Manchester
why on earth would anyone want to go to such an "attraction" in this country anyway? ... How about asking yourself the question "do I want to see this?" before you go? Then perhaps they would realise they do not in fact want to go, and these rip off merchants wouldn't have a trade to ply.

are you talking about the albion? it sounds very familier;

- 25 quid
- ultimate dissappointment
- crying children

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
"So is this place any good then ?"
"Is a bear shit in the woods ?"

andybaha

Jan 3, 2007
Piddinghoe
About 5 years we took the kids to Lapland for the day on Christmas Eve. It cost about £1,200 for all four of us, which is an awful lot of money but it was magical
and worth every penny. It is an experience my kids will never forget and to be honest neither will I, it was unbelievable.

Last year my wife paid for us to go to a Lapland 'experience' thing up in Kent, I think it was about £30 each and was sold out months in advance. I thought it was OK but not especially good value for money particularly as they were trying to get money out of you for food, drinks etc once you were inside. However, it was obvious that lots of effort had gone into it and it was much better than what seems to be on offer in the New Forest. She did look into going to the the NF one but decided against it thankfully.

As a footnote if you are thinking of going to real Lapland don't think about doing it until your kids are at least 5 or 6. It is cold and I mean like minus 43 degrees cold. The small kids that were there were screaming in agony because they didn't really understand and kept taking their hats and gloves off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here