Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

December matches

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
Hi Paul

I know that we cannot play home league matches on a Saturday in December but why does the club always switch to Friday nights ?
I, like I am sure, many other people can't usually make evening matches and this, coupled with the "works do" which is normally on or about this time severely curtails people's ability to get to these matches cutting down on sorely needed revenue for the club
Can't the club play on a Sunday afternoon - this would enable a lot more people to get to the matches ? Luckily there's only one match to miss this year but last year there were two - 10% of the home games for the season.
Can the club give some thought to this for next season please ?
Many thanks

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
Appreciate your point, I suppose it begs the question do the majority prefer Friday night football. However in this instance, I don't think Sunday 14th, with a cup tie at Shrewsbury on 16th, would have been ideal for the manager and players. Hence the match being moved to Friday.

Personally, I quite enjoyed the Saturday evening game against Cheltenham, but would favour Friday nights as it gives me a rare weekend off during the season. Nonetheless I will pass on your comments!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here