Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Re Cameras at games

We're the Stripes

Jul 31, 2005
BN2
Regarding Insider's answer to an earlier question on this, what is the Albion's policy? I ask because my lad was stopped from bringing his camera in to a home game last season, much to his disappointment, particularly as he was hoping to get some shots as part of an A-level photography project. Admittedly, it was a decent quality Canon, although he didn't have loads of lenses. It would help if the club's policy was clear - if it's just arbitrary depending on the size of the camera, and whether a steward is feeling picky and happens to have spotted it, that's not really a fair or sensible approach, I'd suggest.

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
"Admittedly, it was a decent quality Canon, although he didn't have loads of lenses."

There's your answer. If it's a professional body camera, with professional lenses, then it's unlikely he'll be allowed to use it in any Football League ground - certainly not in the stands - and not pitchside without a press or photographer's pass. The FL advise that we don't let anyone in to take photos who does not have a license, but we do have a more open-minded policy to photography students - provided they agree not to use snaps commercially. If you're in any doubt then contact the club for clarification.

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here