Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Withdean car park

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
anyone know why Robbie Raggio gets a reserved parking space in the directors parking area and why Paul Samrah is allowed to park in the park and ride area? Number plates give it away. At least Atilla still travels by push bike. Hope the club doesn't get fined by the council.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
anyone know why Robbie Raggio gets a reserved parking space in the directors parking area

:shrug:

Who? Whoever he is, what difference does it make if/why he gets a reserved space?

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
Didn't Norman Cook give the club £250k a few years back in return for a packing space?

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
:shrug:

Who? Whoever he is, what difference does it make if/why he gets a reserved space?

He's a local "businessman" who runs the car cleaning operation by Hove Railway station. Has been linked with the Albion for a number of years but i dont think he has ever invested.

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
Samrah normally parks in the same part of the car park that the players do. He works on match days so I guess he has the right to park there, as the p&r buses wouldn't have started at the time he arrives, and would be finished by the time he leaves the ground.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Samrah normally parks in the same part of the car park that the players do. He works on match days so I guess he has the right to park there, as the p&r buses wouldn't have started at the time he arrives, and would be finished by the time he leaves the ground.

yesterday he was parked at the bottom of the slope, not in a parking bay but on the roadway where the buses come in and out. I didn't mean the football P&R, I meant the shopping one. Seem to remember so many club officials saying they would walk, use public transport for matches. Seemed daft at the time with such a huge parking area at Withdean

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
Is it coz they iz Gangsta innit? :ohmy:

Robbie would like to think he is gangsta. My missus once tried to have a discussion with him over the removal of a collapsed garden wall. He turned up with a head of steam, in a long coat playing the big man and claiming how he owned 'hundreds' of properties and if we touched the wall his lawyers would be in touch blah blah blah.

Last edited:

Superphil

Dismember
Jul 7, 2003
In a pile of football shirts
yesterday he was parked at the bottom of the slope, not in a parking bay but on the roadway where the buses come in and out. I didn't mean the football P&R, I meant the shopping one. Seem to remember so many club officials saying they would walk, use public transport for matches. Seemed daft at the time with such a huge parking area at Withdean

Fair point about the claims they would use public transport etc, I wonder why they don't. But they have been parking at the ground all along, makes sense really.

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
He's a local "businessman" who runs the car cleaning operation by Hove Railway station. Has been linked with the Albion for a number of years but i dont think he has ever invested.

wouldnt think he was worth massive ammounts. he has a hand car wash or are they more profitable than i thought

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Fair point about the claims they would use public transport etc, I wonder why they don't. But they have been parking at the ground all along, makes sense really.

yeah it does, and i hope the club understands why so many fans still travel to matches by car and park as close to withdean as we can. It's just a fact, car drivers don't like to be too far away from their cars!

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patreon
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
wouldnt think he was worth massive ammounts. he has a hand car wash or are they more profitable than i thought

According to that link, he's a millionaire. Also apparently owns a plumbing firm and a property development business.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
According to that link, he's a millionaire. Also apparently owns a plumbing firm and a property development business.

not sure it lists all his businesses

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patreon
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Him and a couple of others put some money in the pot to eventually pay off Bill Archer (£700,000), according to the Argus at the time.

What they asked for in return - who knows? Although a space in the director's car parking area would seem to be the very least of returns.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Him and a couple of others put some money in the pot to eventually pay off Bill Archer (£700,000), according to the Argus at the time.

What they asked for in return - who knows? Although a space in the director's car parking area would seem to be the very least of returns.

i didn't realise - money well spent, but there's no such thing as a free lunch

Garage_Doors

Originally the Swankers
Jun 28, 2008
Brighton
There are very few cars in that car park that are for the Shopping Park & Ride

have you seen the number of BHA number plates in the car park ?, and the stewards are clueless,
Young woman at the park and ride bus stop with her your girl wanted to park in the car park to get the bus into town, she was told by the stewards at the top of the slope, she could not park in the cark park to go shopping as it was for football parking only !!!!
she had to park on the road.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here