Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Getting the sack...

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
...From ASDA! The potential highlight/lowlight of my entire life, I have just had to sign for a letter from ASDA informing me that they want me to attend a disciplinary hearing because of my absence from work. Considering I was a seasonal casual worker, and their admin dept is such a shower of shite that they are unable to co-ordinate my availability with their rotas, it's pretty laughable. Anyway, it was only a casual job, but I am inclined to really push the *******s to the wire, as the only reason they are doing this is to drop off the people who have moved up a pay scale, and hire more people who are cheap and cheerful. They have been in touch with other people who have also been available, and are giving them the same treatment.

They also want me to attend at 1:00PM on a Thursday afternoon - when I will be teaching English to my Year 6s, so that won't be happening! The only bitch is that I will be losing my 10% discount card, so I will drag this out as long as possible, qualify for my 20% Xmas discount, and then let them try and sack me.

edna krabappel

NSC Patreon
Jul 7, 2003
Hell, no, we won't go! Power to the people :thumbsup:

Dandyman

In London village.
...From ASDA! The potential highlight/lowlight of my entire life, I have just had to sign for a letter from ASDA informing me that they want me to attend a disciplinary hearing because of my absence from work. Considering I was a seasonal casual worker, and their admin dept is such a shower of shite that they are unable to co-ordinate my availability with their rotas, it's pretty laughable. Anyway, it was only a casual job, but I am inclined to really push the bastards to the wire, as the only reason they are doing this is to drop off the people who have moved up a pay scale, and hire more people who are cheap and cheerful. They have been in touch with other people who have also been available, and are giving them the same treatment.

They also want me to attend at 1:00PM on a Thursday afternoon - when I will be teaching English to my Year 6s, so that won't be happening! The only bitch is that I will be losing my 10% discount card, so I will drag this out as long as possible, qualify for my 20% Xmas discount, and then let them try and sack me.

Walmart c*nts. Have they informed you about rights of representation and stated what bit of their code of conduct and/or your contractual terms they claim you have broken?

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
...From ASDA! The potential highlight/lowlight of my entire life, I have just had to sign for a letter from ASDA informing me that they want me to attend a disciplinary hearing because of my absence from work. Considering I was a seasonal casual worker, and their admin dept is such a shower of shite that they are unable to co-ordinate my availability with their rotas, it's pretty laughable. Anyway, it was only a casual job, but I am inclined to really push the bastards to the wire, as the only reason they are doing this is to drop off the people who have moved up a pay scale, and hire more people who are cheap and cheerful. They have been in touch with other people who have also been available, and are giving them the same treatment.

Teacher and then casual worker at ASDA.

Hows that work ?

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Teacher and then casual worker at ASDA.

Hows that work ?

Was working there to generate extra cash (starting wage as a teacher is £21K). Was a highly qualified shelf stacker!

Worked there weekends, holidays, etc. I am sure I actually put in more hours in the Christmas period that I needed to for the whole seasonal period, and I will be asking them for a record of my hours. I am equally sure that they will be completely unable to provide it! I work in a Library on Saturdays now instead to generate money, less arduous and more job-related benefits.

HampshireSeagulls

Moulding Generation Z
Jul 19, 2005
Bedford
Walmart c*nts. Have they informed you about rights of representation and stated what bit of their code of conduct and/or your contractual terms they claim you have broken?

Have they feck. Dropped in some photocopied nonsense about a right to representation from the one union they will talk to (I am sure that is not allowed under restrictive practice) but I will simply drag the whole process out until they get bored of me being a pain in the arse and we come to an agreement - ie I keep the 10% card, and they stop pretending to be competent.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
... Considering I was a seasonal casual worker, and their admin dept is such a shower of shite that they are unable to co-ordinate my availability with their rotas, it's pretty laughable.

They also want me to attend at 1:00PM on a Thursday afternoon - when I will be teaching English to my Year 6s, so that won't be happening!

Presumably you told them of your hours of availability when you started?

Maybe you could use the 1pm Thursday appointment thing to prove your point to them about the rotas?

Freddie Goodwin.

Mar 31, 2007
Brighton
Back in the bad old days of a previous recession, i had the misfortune to work for Asda, Hollingbury, on the night shift.

I've had quite a few jobs but , fort a big organisation, these were one of the worst.

I suppose it may have been my own fault, having had a background in stock control, that I used to point out extreem over ordering to the point where stock was going out of date before reaching the shelves.

I eventually got out when they ended the nightshift. Never liked the place.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
I was sacked from TESCO in 1979. I used to work a shift at the bakery, normally making BUNS. One night someone spilt a big bag of raisins, so my **** of a supervisor told me to sweep them up from the floor and put them back in the bag. I told him it was unhygenic, and that we should throw them away, so as 'punishment' he put me on doughnut making for the rest of the shift. Making doughnuts is shit, you stink at the end of it, and was the worst job in the factory.

50% of the donuts were plain, and the others are JAM. We normally put the jam in the donuts using a plastic syringe, but to get my REVENGE on the supervisor I put in four squirts of jam into each doughnut instead of one. They were then sent out to every Tesco in East Sussex. The following day about 20 customers complained after being OUTRAGED when their doughnuts exploded, covering them in jam and ruining their clothes. After an inquest it was traced back to me, and lots of dry cleaning bills were paid for by the firm, I received a letter from HR terminating my employment for "Doughnut abuse bringing the name of Tesco Stores Limited into disrepute"

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Have they feck. Dropped in some photocopied nonsense about a right to representation from the one union they will talk to (I am sure that is not allowed under restrictive practice) but I will simply drag the whole process out until they get bored of me being a pain in the arse and we come to an agreement - ie I keep the 10% card, and they stop pretending to be competent.
You are entitled to take in a union rep to a disciplinary (although they only recognise the GMB !!) . As you main job is in education I presume you are are paying union subs and represented by another union . As a seasonal worker you are expected to be available at certain times of the year. During these times you have to work an agreed rota on those agreed contracted hours . Make sure that any recorded absences they have listed actually occurred. By doing overtime over and above your contracted hours (on your department or another department) there maybe a miscommunication that because you have done the same shift for a number of weeks on an overtime basis they consider it a semi-permanent arrangement and put this down as a regular shift when it isn't. A similar thing happened to me over 3 "absences" , one involved "phantom" overtime on a Thursday , which is my day off and would have meant working 13 days in a row without a day off. Another , when my clockcard snapped and they issued a new one which didn't activate straight away and my hours were logged in the department diary to cover myself. Lastly the third "absence" involved an overtime shift where the department was over budget so everbodys overtime was cancelled except they forgot to delete it from the worksheets. I nearly forgot to say that taking leave can also cause problems as it is sometimes recorded wrongly , you get the holiday pay but they may have got the days mixed up. You only get to keep the discount card after 20 years service and if you leave for any reason before then it has to be handed back.

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
They sack you im never going to shop there ever again!! :thumbsup:..obviously thats if i dont run out of milk Pmfpl at the Doh nut story btw

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
They cannot make you attend a disciplinary at a time which is incovenient to you (and your union rep) and have to arrange a mutually acceptable time.

Tricky Dicky

Jul 27, 2004
Sunny Shoreham
Was working there to generate extra cash (starting wage as a teacher is £21K). Was a highly qualified shelf stacker!

Worked there weekends, holidays, etc. I am sure I actually put in more hours in the Christmas period that I needed to for the whole seasonal period, and I will be asking them for a record of my hours. I am equally sure that they will be completely unable to provide it! I work in a Library on Saturdays now instead to generate money, less arduous and more job-related benefits.

I'm curious about the job-related benefits of a library. Are those female librarian types really that hot ?

mr sheen

Jan 17, 2008
I was sacked by the post office for calling my supervisor a pig faced c unt. It still rankles

SNOOBS

Feb 25, 2007
Brighton
50% of the donuts were plain, and the others are JAM. We normally put the jam in the donuts using a plastic syringe, but to get my REVENGE on the supervisor I put in four squirts of jam into each doughnut instead of one. They were then sent out to every Tesco in East Sussex. The following day about 20 customers complained after being OUTRAGED when their doughnuts exploded, covering them in jam and ruining their clothes. After an inquest it was traced back to me, and lots of dry cleaning bills were paid for by the firm, I received a letter from HR terminating my employment for "Doughnut abuse bringing the name of Tesco Stores Limited into disrepute"

:laugh: :bowdown:

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here