Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5800 marketing offer

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
You have raised some detail in one suggestion, the "Seagirls" idea. That is one but many ideas the club should be looking at. If you are interested but it is the cost that concerns you then I will cost the scheme and deliver a proposal for you?

In answer to the specific points you make :-
Staff - I would advertise at the university / further education colleges throughout the County. Labour should not be too expensive to hand out leaflets in a promotional way. (i actually would like the to sell tickets on the spot also with internet phone's but I think from what I have heard already, that that might be a bridge too far!)
Uniforms - I am sure the club shop will be able to come up trumps and have something appropriate, should the club turn its mind to it.
Leaflets - Yes that element needs costing, perhaps a link up with a local business, that also wish to advertise their product on the same leaflet.

I understand the initial reaction that you do not wish to debate marketing. However I think the club should. Charlton did not raise its 5,000 crowds to 25/30,000 by chance. They did and continue to work at it.

I make this as a serious offer if you would put this before Dick Knight then that would be good. I recall that he was / is a marketing man, and I think we all should work together on this. 5,800 crowds are not good enough.

However, if not then there we go.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here