Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

5800 and marketing

Jamie

Jun 28, 2008
Insider
I raisd the marketng of the club bfore and pointed out that it is failing. i asked the club to look at its marketing mix. Can i ask if, with the recent 6000 crowds the club is now doing so as a matter of urgency? Previously you said that the club was addressing the situation but I have seen little evidence of any successful marketing campaigns. Marketing is more than promotion but the promotion is poor. Much is done through the argus but most of Sussex do not read the newspaper. So to engage your target audience (the population of Sussex) you need to do more. I am pleased that you have started the link up with schools but that is a start, not the end. On the promotion front then here are a few simple ideas that are low cost and are designed to raise the clubs profile :-

1. A promotion campaign similar to the "Cola Zero" girls at the 15 major commuter stations. I commute to London and the club is not high profile with fellow commuters. They should be there with hand held ticket machines to sell or else if the IT is "too expensive" then with flyers to say how tickets can be purchased online. The deals should also be available online. Selling on Thurdays and Fridays when people are going to/from work when they have the weekend before them clearly makes sense.
2. Advertise in places other than the Argus to reach a new audience. Direct marketing in pubs across Sussex has been mentioned before. I would suggest contacting Harveys for a start.
3. Introduce a "bring your grandchildren" scheme and sell it not just through the argus but direct to the "grey pound" at supermarkets across Sussex (again with Cola Zero type girls - perhaps called "sea-girls" or something equally cheesy)
4. Have "sea-girls", cola zero type girls at supermarkets selling the family tickets on Thursday and Fridays.

By the way, please pass on my best wishes and gratitude to Dick Knight and Martin Perry for the hard work they are putting into th new ground. I am no a moaning whinger !

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
We regularly look at this all the time, but the type of things you are suggesting do not come cheap, and the ultimate question is would they sell enough tickets to make it worthwhile.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here