Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Lloyds TSB Scam Email

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I am pretty sure its a SCAM, like 90% sure it is, but want to know other opinions.

I set up an email address for footyaid a couple of months back, and for no apparent reason, I received an email from online@lloydstsb.com

-----------------------------------

Account Status Notification

Dear Customer,

Your access to our Lloyds TSB Internet Banking has been temporarily disabled due to multiple login errors. Protecting the privacy of your internet banking access and of the Lloyds TSB banking network is our primary concern. Therefore, as a preventive measure, we have temporarily limited access to sensitive Lloyds TSB Internet Banking features.

Please follow the link below and we will verify and restore your Internet banking access immediately. My account activity.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Richard Searle
Head of Electronic Channels

------------------------------------

The link to click on takes you to what appears the same as the login screen for online banking, but I dont want to put my details in incase I have been REAL HUSTLED.

The only thing I can think of, is that the bank got in contact this way, because of the ticketing site I used to set up online ticket purchases for the gig. This was linked to paypal, which then had my bank details and email details.

I dont want to log in on this email or the normal website incase something dodgt does happen, as I have had my card cloned in the past.

Am I just being paranoid? or do i report it?

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
I'm pretty sure your bank don't contact you by email.

Have you tried login in to the internet banking?

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Yeah banks always say they will NOT contact you via email.

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Definetely a scam.

Look at the url once you are on the webpage. If its not www. lloydstsb.com its dodgy.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
It does appear to be a scam, put "Richard Searle
Head of Electronic Channels" into google and it comes up with a Nationwide scam.

A quick phone call to the bank might be a good idea tough just to be certain

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I forwarded the email on to the address by black and white seagulls, but not deleted it just yet, incase i need to send to other people who ask for it at Lloyds.

If there is a virus, it could be on my work computer/network, so have asked IT to have a look at it

surrey jim

Not in Surrey
Aug 2, 2005
Bevendean
Lloyds sometimes contact me via e-mail but it always says Dear James rather than dear customer (usally saying how low their apr's are etc) there is also never a link on the e-mails to log into internet banking.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here