The Glory Game

Paul Taylor Referee

0 Not allowed!
    I think the campaign to give refs more respect is a good thing. The problem is that bad referees are often kept on the list. I first noticed this bloke 17 years ago and I can't remember a single game where he hasn't made a number of very bad decisions.
    Sadly Paul Taylor is still a ref and still being conned by cheats like Nathan Jones.
    A Spectacular Boar

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Abort, retry, fail Barrel of Fun's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      A rather chequered past!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Taylor_(referee)

Seems he was deemed not good enough, but managed to fight his way back in. Certainly not good enough for the darling Premiership, so we are left with the misfits.
      You are the result of 4 billion years of evolutionary success. Act like it.

0 Not allowed!
      It's all very well the FA giving it the large one about Respect, but if they're too weak to actually enforce it, there's no point whatsoever.

John Terry was sent off at the weekend and- whether you agreed with the decision or not- did he just accept it and walk off? No, he, Lampard and others stood there arguing with the referee. I saw a number of penalty awards at the weekend too, which players contested as much as they've always done. None of these players will be punished.

For Gods sake, Football Association, GET SOME NUTS.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      i can remember wilkins having a list of things against taylor dating back to when he was a player
      NSC's Benefits Guru

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by edna krabappel View Post
      This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member. Show Quote
      It's all very well the FA giving it the large one about Respect, but if they're too weak to actually enforce it, there's no point whatsoever.

John Terry was sent off at the weekend and- whether you agreed with the decision or not- did he just accept it and walk off? No, he, Lampard and others stood there arguing with the referee. I saw a number of penalty awards at the weekend too, which players contested as much as they've always done. None of these players will be punished.

For Gods sake, Football Association, GET SOME NUTS.
      I agree, they need the same ethos that there is in rugby. The captain and the captain only may ASK (not shout at / argue with) the ref for the reasons behind a decision. The ref explains, the game moves on. Anyone else tries to get involved, the ref warns them, it happens again he sin bins them.

Would soon solve the problems. But like you said the FA have no balls and will not introduce it, or even punish people for not following the guidance that they have introduced.
      All spelling errors are intentional and are there to show new and improved ways of spelling old words. Grammatical errors are due to too many English classes/teachers
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by mona View Post
      I think the campaign to give refs more respect is a good thing. The problem is that bad referees are often kept on the list. I first noticed this bloke 17 years ago and I can't remember a single game where he hasn't made a number of very bad decisions.
      Sadly Paul Taylor is still a ref and still being conned by cheats like Nathan Jones.
      Paul Taylor...Reading away ....sent off Elphick and gave them a homer pen.....

also remember him having a dreadful game at Withdean recently..
      Support in what you believe and believe in what you support
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Quote Originally Posted by Barrel of Fun View Post
      A rather chequered past!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Taylor_(referee)

Seems he was deemed not good enough, but managed to fight his way back in. Certainly not good enough for the darling Premiership, so we are left with the misfits.
      Link didn't work BoF? Hopefully this one does.

That bloke is a right **** and as you say Mona, doesn't help try and bring the the respect camapaign