Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

youth players

Jul 6, 2003
shoreham
Is this the season when one of the youth players will shine?
As the way the transfer dealings are going it looks very likely some of them will have a part to play, it would be good to see some make the grade and break into the 1st team and surprise a few of us.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Adam Virgo might get a look in.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Looks like a lot of youth teamers will again be forced to play for the first team judging by lack of finances, i only hope they cope better with this division!

Bobby's Gull

DAFT Bint
Jul 6, 2003
Bed
IMO Virgo and Hinshelwood could cope with the second, isn't that Jake Robinson supposed to be the Rooney of sussesx or something??

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
I agree, its about time our youth system showed some results.
Everyone raves at what a good job Dean Wilkins does with them etc, and it would be nice to see a couple of them in the first team squad finally.:)

Curious Orange

Punxsatawney Phil
Jul 5, 2003
On NSC for over two decades...
I would be great to see a youth teamer really make a breakthrough. I reckon Danny Marney could make a good contribution out wide as a replacement for Brooker.

:thumbsup2

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Desert Orchid said:

I'd be very happy to see Jake line up alongside Bobby Z at Oldham.

I think Oldham would be pleased to see Jake Robinson lining up with Bobby against Oldham.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Tooting Gull said:
I think Oldham would be pleased to see Jake Robinson lining up with Bobby against Oldham.

Indeed.

You are saying that they would be happy to be playing at all aren't you????

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Hmmm... yes, I would love to see one or two come through the youth ranks... but I also want to see us go out and do something in the transfer market... a striker, a left-winger, and a goalie to cover for the FDM at a bare minimum...

Last year, the youngsters didn't really cut the mustard, although we are obviously in a lower div now... here's hoping...

Brighton Boy

Nov 11, 2003
Lancing
on a serious note....sam rents and dean cox are good players.......and scott chamberlain is gonna be one hell of a player by the looks of it

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I wonder if this thread will get bounced again in a couple of years for us to see how right some of the predictions were.

I will make just one, in the next few months a baby boy will be concieved somewhere in Sussex, in 20 years time we will be predicting that a 19 year old is the best player to grace the Albion since the days of Peter Ward...bounce that and see how right I was...

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here