Page 1 of 7 1234 ... LastLast

It was seven years ago this month...

0 Not allowed!
    ...that Richard Vaughan, a young Plymouth Argyle fan wrote on North Stand Chat about the way Archer and Bellotti were running the club into the ground. His post suggested that fans from around the country should come to the Goldstone wearing their own home team's colours.

So began Fans United.

I think a little (albeit belated) appreciation for Richard and his sense of solidarity and support...

What are your memories of 8 February 1997?

• North Stand Chat

advertising

Members

0 Not allowed!
      Who put this thing together? ME, that's who! Who do I trust? ME!
      Members

Re: It was seven years ago this month...

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by The Large One

Very very good ones. I especially remember the Eintracht Frankfurt fans in the North Stand, was brilliant of them to travel so far.
      Mange Tout, Mange Tout

0 Not allowed!
      NEW SCHTUMMCAST. MORE VIBES AVAILABLE HERE >>>>>> http://soundcloud.com/schtumm/schtum...0-neal-schtumm

0 Not allowed!
      Fog.

Wondering what this so called Fans United Day would turn out like, expecting maybe a couple from the nearest league clubs.

Then driving up to the ground and seeing a car load of Norwich fans broken down at the roundabout at the top of Dyke Road and Snaky Hill. And being asked for directions to the Goldstone from half way along the Old Shoreham Road by Wolves and West Brom fans. THen we realised it was going to be something special.
      The lady has foolishly attempted to join the conversation with a wild and dangerous opinion of her own. What half-baked drivel! See how the men look at her with utter contempt.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      Oh yeah, and Charlton brought about 7 coaches full of fans, respect due.
      Mange Tout, Mange Tout
      Rising Damp

0 Not allowed!
      Driving all the way from Aberdeen to a Job Interview at Gatwick the day before (which 2 weeks later I got) then staying at my Nans in Hove, who I hadn't seen for 6 years !!

The drive was done in my very first car, a mini, and it cost me £21 all the way down in petrol.

Changed days !!

They've taken the game out of our pockets .... They're filling theirs up and its time to stop it .... Cost of the tickets has gone through the roof ... Hard to afford we're the living proof .... Football clubs taking the piss ... Lad's like us shouldn't put up with this........

0 Not allowed!
      A truly Momentous time...."Respect" to everyone involved and to those fans who took the time to visit "The mighty Goldstone".

Long haired freaky people need not apply!!
      A different kind of pasty pasty's Avatar

Re: It was seven years ago this month...

0 Not allowed!
      Originally posted by The Large One
      Good and bad.

My birthday is February 9th and I'd organised a house party for the 8th after footy. Woke up in the morning to find my bathroom ceiling on my bathroom floor due to a leak from the upstairs flat!Major running around to get it made safe before going off to football.

The footy was brilliant. Not too many memories however due to the afore mentioned birthday party in the evening. All round a jolly spiffing day though !
      Be dangerous. It's careful out there

The memories.............

0 Not allowed!

Rip Goldtone!
      Long haired freaky people need not apply!!