Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Away Tickets/Gold Membership

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Hi there,

I don't want to moan, so will try and put this in a polite manner!

Last night I went to purchase an Under 21 away ticket being advertised at Sixfields for £5, although this hadn't been mentioned on our club website. Bargain, I thought. However, I was then told by the rude woman in the Northampton ticket office that U21 tickets were only available for fans who had an Albion membership card. I hadn't got mine on me, and was therefore unable to buy a discounted ticket. After questioning why a 20 year old with ID was unable to buy an U21 ticket I was told to "take it up with your club".

I know it's only a fiver, but to a student that's still quite a lot of money. So I ask, is it possible to ensure that any potential discounts are published on the club website? Do the club help set ticket policies for away cup games? Should I take my 'Gold membership' card to every away game? And finally, when else might I need my Gold membership card, and what does it entitle me to, if anything? I got my season ticket in person at the ticket office, so didn't get a letter with it explaining these things.

Many Thanks,

WW

Insider

Jul 18, 2003
Brighton
I'm afraid we were not made aware of any under-21 discount by Northampton Town. Hence no information being publicised. Where did you get this information from?

If, as I suspect is the case, NT had advertised this offer, then you would need to take it up with them direct as we have no control over this type of arrangement at an away game, and we have no influence on policy or pricing at away ground.

I would suggest writing to the chief executive to complain.

As for carrying your GM card, it isn't essential, but it can't do any harm.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here