Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Albion FANZINES - Past & present

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Alright mates.

I am in the process of putting together a website primarily covering the history of Albion programmes.

I'm also going to put a section in there about the various Fanzines that have been issued over the years. If anyone can give me a potted history of the development of any of the publications I would be very grateful. I was there as a buyer but if someone who was involved in the production (and the associated grief) can put some words together that would be brilliant.

Also, if anyone has any old programmes or fanzines they don't want I would be happy to take them off your hands.

I've got here ONE copy of Build a Bonfire from April 1998, Gulls Eye issues 20, 34, 72, 73, 82, 84, 92 and 100, plus the 'new version from 2000, issues 7 & 9. I've got a couple of Keep the Faith (issues 2 & 4), one copy of Seaside Saga from April 97 and finally, a copy of One F in Falmer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Speak To Keiren and Adrian, SmileyMiley and PapaLazarou. They both ran a fanzine for a while ( Scars and Stripes?)

Krispies used to do cartoons for one of them and Ian Hart of course was one of the leading lights in Gulls Eye

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I have dozens of fanzines, but don't really want to part with them. You could borrow them if it helps.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
"On the Up" didn't last long.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Speak To Keiren and Adrian, SmileyMiley and PapaLazarou. They both ran a fanzine for a while ( Scars and Stripes?)

Krispies used to do cartoons for one of them and Ian Hart of course was one of the leading lights in Gulls Eye

Cheers Dave. I've already PM'd Harty.

I have dozens of fanzines, but don't really want to part with them. You could borrow them if it helps.

Fair enough Doug, no problem. I might well take you up on the loan offer - I'll let you know.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Likewise with the fanzines, wouldn't want to part with them, even have the first edition of Gulls Eye...which I am pretty sure was handed out for free.

The one I liked was "And Smith must score", I was living overseas for most of the time it was published and in pre-internet days it was one of the only ways I could get match reports...a really well produced fanzine and an excellent read.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Likewise with the fanzines, wouldn't want to part with them, even have the first edition of Gulls Eye...which I am pretty sure was handed out for free.

The one I liked was "And Smith must score", I was living overseas for most of the time it was published and in pre-internet days it was one of the only ways I could get match reports...a really well produced fanzine and an excellent read.

:thumbsup:

Just found an old one of those as well.

Great stuff.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Wasn't the most recent one "come all over the dyke" ?

Tony Meolas Loan Spell

Slut Faced Whores
Jul 15, 2004
Vamanos Pest
Seasons of missed opportunities and mellow unfruitfulness!

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Think i've got a copy of come over the dyke somewhere, will have a look

Ernest

Stupid IDIOT
Nov 8, 2003
LOONEY BIN

If I'm not wrong 'Storer68' on NSC was one of the leading lights of And Smith.....

The Clown of Pevensey Bay

Jul 5, 2003
Suburbia
I've got most of the back numbers of On The Up/Seaside Saga.

The bad news is, they're in my loft. In Carlisle.

I'll only go and get them when I can sell the house. After that, you can borrow them if you like.

I reckon it could be YEARS before you get them though.

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
..and isn't Soul Finger your man for Scars and Stripes..???

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here