Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Gary Hart

John Byrne

Jun 18, 2007
Spoke to him today at the Marina. Without going in to all the details i basically said are you gonna sign??

He said he spoke to Dick this morning and it seems that we shoud here a yes in the next day or two.

The deciding factor seemed to be wilkins going.

barney

Jul 31, 2006
this is a real shame, wilkins had done the dirty work and got rid of the dead wood, but for some reason they get brought back (assuming both he and mayo get a contract)

a real shame

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
OGH is probably not going to be a first choice, but for me he represents many of the things I love about the Albion, he gives his all every time, has made the most of the opportunity given to him, always has time for the fans and is not a stuck a c'unt.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
From whats been posted, Gary Hart seems to have had a problem with Dean Wilkins.

I think the main fact is, Gary Hart is past it, and wasn't last year, and isn't going to be good enough this year to play in the first team. He may be useful in an injury crisis, but other than that, he's simply not good enough, and I don't think a possible injury crisis is reason enough to give him a new contract.

And it probably didn't help his cause with Wilkins, when he did get a chance in the last few minutes of a game last season, get himself stupidly sent off!

And since then all he can seem to do is blame Wilkins for not picking him.

Don't blame Wilkins son, look in the mirror and you'll see the real reason you've not been playing. You aint good enough, and so far the replies in this thread, is seems to be a wide held belief that Harty is past it.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Don't blame Wilkins son, look in the mirror and you'll see the real reason you've not been playing. You aint good enough, and so far the replies in this thread, is seems to be a wide held belief that Harty is past it.

Do you think he gives a toss?

He'll aim to prove the doubters wrong, having presumably already proved himself to the man that matters - Mickey. :thumbsup:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Gary Hart's not been part of the central playing structure for a couple of years now. Time to call it a day methinks.
And hopefully if Harty reads this thread and see what people have been saying, he may decide to move on. The bottom line is, nobody wants him here anymore. He's been a massive asset to the club, and no doubt hopefully will find out exactly what the fans think off him next Saturday, with a massive turn out and a brilliant send off for a great servant.

But if he struggled to get a game last year, he's hasn't got a pryer this season. So what's going to happen come May. Will he be calling Micky Adams a **** because he didn't play him, and moaning the manager wouldn't pick him.

He won't play, 'cause he aint good enough. END OFF.

Time to move on Harty. At least if you go elsewhere you'll get a game, and be rightly remembered as a legend here. If you stick around and continue your moaning, you'll just be remembered as a leg end.

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
And hopefully if Harty reads this thread and see what people have been saying, he may decide to move on. The bottom line is, nobody wants him here anymore. He's been a massive asset to the club, and no doubt hopefully will find out exactly what the fans think off him next Saturday, with a massive turn out and a brilliant send off for a great servant.

But if he struggled to get a game last year, he's hasn't got a pryer this season. So what's going to happen come May. Will he be calling Micky Adams a **** because he didn't play him, and moaning the manager wouldn't pick him.

Time to move on Harty. At least if you go elsewhere you'll get a game, and be rightly remembered as a legend here. If you stick around and continue your moaning, you'll just be remembered as a leg end.

You're a sad twat if you try and stop someone getting a job by abusing them on an internet forum. :tosser:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Do you think he gives a toss?

He'll aim to prove the doubters wrong, having presumably already proved himself to the man that matters - Mickey. :thumbsup:
Well considering he posts on here, and loves to moan to anyone who will listen, that Wilkins never gave him a chance, then my guess would be yes he does.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Micky's really got to stop letting this old pals act cloud his judgement, else it'll all end in tears. How does offering a contract of any kind to Kerry Mayo or Gary Hart help us build for the future? Basically, don't hire them, even as cover. There's younger hungrier options out there. Ease Mayo and Hart out the door. No way back.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Given the backup options we currently have in attack I reckon I'd choose him over pretty well all of them. If we aren't going to sign an experienced striker, which is highly unlikely, I'll go against the grain on here and say I'd be happy for him to be a squad player.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Yup, agree with that :clap:

Jul 5, 2003
Polegate
Micky's really got to stop letting this old pals act cloud his judgement, else it'll all end in tears. How does offering a contract of any kind to Kerry Mayo or Gary Hart help us build for the future? Basically, don't hire them, even as cover. There's younger hungrier options out there. Ease Mayo and Hart out the door. No way back.

You mean the 'old pals act' that got us from Div 3 to Div 1 last year. Cullip, Brooker, Morgan, Oatway etc - all 'old pals'. :thumbsup:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
You're a sad twat if you try and stop someone getting a job by abusing them on an internet forum. :tosser:
What? You really are brain dead. How am I abusing him? I've said he's a legend, how is that abuse. I've said I hope (and he will) get the send off he deserves, ie brilliant on Saturday for his service.

But I think he's not good enough anymore. How is being a twat, abusing him and trying to stop someone getting a job. Tyr and explain yourself a little better, you silly little boy:nono:

Jim D

Jul 23, 2003
Worthing
Harty's never been the same since he broke his leg at Peterboro. His main asset was always his pace and determination and he lost some of the pace following the injury. He'll never lose the commitment and that's why fans love him - but he doesn't have the ability to go past defenders any more. That's why they tried him at fullback, but even that position requires a bit of speed.

His best position now is coming off the bench against a tiring defence and going straight at them - but I think Robinson is better at that - if only he had Hart's attitude.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here