Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stretching football boots?!!

Brighton till i die

You havin' a bubble?
Jan 31, 2004
On the terraces!!
Hi guys

Just bought a new pair of Adidas Predators for next season but rtheey are quite tight across the width of my chunky feet!

Does any one have any good tips for gently streching the leather out a bit to fit a bit more comfortable?? :)

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Hi guys

Just bought a new pair of Adidas Predators for next season but rtheey are quite tight across the width of my chunky feet!

Does any one have any good tips for gently streching the leather out a bit to fit a bit more comfortable?? :)

Newspaper, loads of it. And buy bigger shoes! :p

trueblue

Jul 5, 2003
Hove
If you sit in the bath with them on for about an hour, it's quite effective.

Possibly.

wehatepalace

Limbs
Apr 27, 2004
Pease Pottage
With my rugby boots I usually soak them in a bath of BOILING hot water for 10 mins then really stuff them full of rolled up newspaper normally works

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
That's what my Dad used to tell me :lolol:

Soak them, the stuff them with newspaper and let them dry naturally. Don't stick them in front of a heater to dry or they'll go all crusty and crack.

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
with Snowboard Boot Inners I put them in the tumble dryer for ages, then wear them around the house (acting as slippers) so they 'mould' to my feet. that might work for footy boots but i'd take the studs out first!

Elder for England

Jan 30, 2008
Adidas Predators are always too small?? (not that I wear them). I've got a spray at home that you spray onto leather and supposedly makes it stretch? I'm at work so can't have a look at what it's called, will have a look later.

strings

Moving further North...
Feb 19, 2006
Barnsley
Bizarrely, I was wondering the exact same thing this morning (stretching a rugby boot - one fits, the other is agony), and this thread was the second hit on google.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
If you sit in the bath with them on for about an hour, it's quite effective.

Possibly.

Definitely :thumbsup:
Wear two pairs of socks to widen them out a bit. Do this 5-6 times sitting/standing for 45 minutes in as hot as you can take it water.
This is how we sorted out or tab boots.

Hiney

Super Moderator
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Penrose, Cornwall
Hi guys

Why would you spend that amount of money on footwear that doesn't even fit you properly?

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Why would you spend that amount of money on footwear that doesn't even fit you properly?

Because if you're a standard, slightly overweight, ageing Sunday League player, buying a £120 pair of football boots will turn you INSTANTLY into Lionel Messi, didn't you know that Hiney?

Tim Over Whelmed

NSC Patron
Jul 24, 2007
Arundel
Fill with newspaper and piss on it several times a day.

This won't work at all, but will give us a right laugh with your "Still not working" daily updates!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Because if you're a standard, slightly overweight, ageing Sunday League player, buying a £120 pair of football boots will turn you INSTANTLY into Lionel Messi, didn't you know that Hiney?

More likely to turn him into Lionel Jeffries

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here