Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Adam Virgo definitely...............

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Good(ish) news if true, but to be captain he has to make the team first. He is probably not as good a right back as Whing, and not necessarily any better than two out of Elphick, Lynch and the new bloke from Coventry. Could be useful as a 3rd strike though.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
Well, excellent news, wonder if he's have come back if Deano was still in charge ? Whatever, another large step in the right direction.

Twinkle Toes

Growing old disgracefully
Apr 4, 2008
Hoveside
I think he'll be back, but how the smeg could he be made club captain? :thud:

essbee

Jan 5, 2005
Never rated Virgo at all. Slow, little skill, can shoot and head the
ball but that's it.

I think this would be backward step if true which I doubt.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I will be WELL IMPRESSED if he comes back.

Jam The Man

Jul 5, 2003
South East North Lancing
IF this rumour is true about him returning, I can't see him being made captain from the off.

Adams has previous history in this.. he did it with Paul Rogers (who had never been captain before)

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
If Virgo were to return to the Albion, I would be very happy. Of all the players who have left during my many years supporting the Albion, (..and that includes Peter Ward, Zamora etc etc...) Virgo,s departure was the one that disappointed me the most.As Albion supporters, we realise that those with exceptional talent will always leave for better pastures, but Virgo wasn,t exceptional, skill wise, but epitomised everything I like about Albion players. He was from this area, Albion thru and thru, determined, strong, learning his trade and looked every inch a future captain and leader of the Albion.

Frutos

Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
May 3, 2006
Northumberland
Why on earth would AV's best mate be 40?

I was wondering much the same thing.

Not sure about him coming back, I liked him when he was here, but I think we need to be very careful about bringing too much back from our past.

If it is true then I'm willing to trust Adams' judgement...I think.

Last edited:

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
AV is on holiday in Puerto Banus on his best mates 40th sitting outside Sinatras as we speak and has just told a very good friend of mine!

No actual names for obvious reasons but I assure you its true.

Now you are sure it wasnt

_39083567_virgo_270.jpg

Jimmy Grimble

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here