Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast
    On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

The Albion in 5 years time

0 Not allowed!
    I think

Stadium will be open but will have been a year late following delays (nothing ever runs to plan for the Albion)

Where do you expect us to be and what sort of average crowd figures. In short are you optimistic or pessimistic about our future?

I reckon we'll be in the top half of the Championship with crowds of about 18k. Is that expecting too much or too little?

DK and MA will be long gone
    Last edited by Icy Gull; 14-05-2008 at 06:11.
    Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi

• North Stand Chat

advertising

0 Not allowed!
      Icy Gull i'd go along with that. David gold will be co chairman with DK irekon though.
      Back and better

0 Not allowed!
      DK will still be at the club pushing for a championship playoff place good crowds of 15,000+ and the stadium opening on time
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      DK still here , MA gone. Still trying to get out L1. Crowds in first 2 seasons at Falmer will average 14k
      On the BHA rollercoaster Icy Gull's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      I can see us selling out for big cup games (I'm assuming that we can occasionaly negotiate the 1st few rounds) or for top of the table clashes should we be at that end of the table, regardless of the division. This is assuming we don't have an equivalent ticket pricing to what we have at the moment.
      Winners never quit and quitters never win -Vince Lombardi
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      DK and David Gold joint chairmen, Gold having bought into the club, stadium delivered on time (or thereabouts), MA still here and the team a comfortable top half of table side talking up their aims for the new season ahead.

Bobby Z will have returned for a nominal sum a couple of years earlier and crowds averaging 16, 500.
      Billions of bilious blue blistering barnacles!!!!!!
      Take me Home Falmer Road Dick Knights Mumm's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      David Gold looked pretty ancient and pretty weary on the box the other day. Will he still have his interest in 5 years time. A bit of wishful thinking maybe.
      Members

0 Not allowed!
      As far as crowds go, as well as what league we are in, it will depend very much on whether the club have managed to get their act in order regarding some sort of 'pay on the day'.

In the 6 months or so leading up to the opening of Falmer, the club needs to do some really decent marketing - we have a massive catchment area, however in the past 10 years or so too many people have got out of the habit of watching the Albion - we need them back.
      Thanks Robbie - one day we'll name a stand after you.

0 Not allowed!
      I'd hope that the Falmer factor will boost crowds and positivity towards the Albion. I'd expect within a couple of seasons of it opening we'll secure promotion back to the Championship and be a lower half Championship side with crowds around the 12-14k mark.

A word of warning though, many clubs when they move into a new stadium tend to struggle initially, that has been the trend in the last 10 years of clubs moving into their new stadiums.
      Where have you put the f***ing biscuits??
      The voice of reason. hans kraay fan club's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
      Roman Abramowich has got bored of Chelsea, (who having gone bust are now in league 1) and bought the Albion as its close to his Sussex estate.

Falmer's capacity is being increased to meet demand, after the club narrowly missed out on the fourth Champions League place last season (2012/13).

Theo Walcott was top scorer with 28, though 7 of those were only in the UEFA cup which a large section of our support have dennounced as 'noddy'.

Withdean Wanderer is unhappy with the STYLE of performances and is demanding the sacking of Frank Rijkaard. Complete Badger cannot believe Joe Hart got player of the year, and questions whether he is 'really better than Kuipers'?

Zesh Rehman agrees with Badger.
      The above post is simply my opinion. I am not bullying you, should it differ from your own.