Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Albion in 5 years time

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think

Stadium will be open but will have been a year late following delays (nothing ever runs to plan for the Albion)

Where do you expect us to be and what sort of average crowd figures. In short are you optimistic or pessimistic about our future?

I reckon we'll be in the top half of the Championship with crowds of about 18k. Is that expecting too much or too little?

DK and MA will be long gone

Last edited:

seagurn

Feb 19, 2007
County town
Icy Gull i'd go along with that. David gold will be co chairman with DK irekon though.

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
DK still here , MA gone. Still trying to get out L1. Crowds in first 2 seasons at Falmer will average 14k

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I can see us selling out for big cup games (I'm assuming that we can occasionaly negotiate the 1st few rounds) or for top of the table clashes should we be at that end of the table, regardless of the division. This is assuming we don't have an equivalent ticket pricing to what we have at the moment.

Captain Haddock

Aug 2, 2005
The Deep Blue Sea
DK and David Gold joint chairmen, Gold having bought into the club, stadium delivered on time (or thereabouts), MA still here and the team a comfortable top half of table side talking up their aims for the new season ahead.

Bobby Z will have returned for a nominal sum a couple of years earlier and crowds averaging 16, 500.

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
As far as crowds go, as well as what league we are in, it will depend very much on whether the club have managed to get their act in order regarding some sort of 'pay on the day'.

In the 6 months or so leading up to the opening of Falmer, the club needs to do some really decent marketing - we have a massive catchment area, however in the past 10 years or so too many people have got out of the habit of watching the Albion - we need them back.

crodonilson

He/Him
Jan 17, 2005
Lyme Regis
I'd hope that the Falmer factor will boost crowds and positivity towards the Albion. I'd expect within a couple of seasons of it opening we'll secure promotion back to the Championship and be a lower half Championship side with crowds around the 12-14k mark.

A word of warning though, many clubs when they move into a new stadium tend to struggle initially, that has been the trend in the last 10 years of clubs moving into their new stadiums.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Roman Abramowich has got bored of Chelsea, (who having gone bust are now in league 1) and bought the Albion as its close to his Sussex estate.

Falmer's capacity is being increased to meet demand, after the club narrowly missed out on the fourth Champions League place last season (2012/13).

Theo Walcott was top scorer with 28, though 7 of those were only in the UEFA cup which a large section of our support have dennounced as 'noddy'.

Withdean Wanderer is unhappy with the STYLE of performances and is demanding the sacking of Frank Rijkaard. Complete Badger cannot believe Joe Hart got player of the year, and questions whether he is 'really better than Kuipers'?

Zesh Rehman agrees with Badger.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Ian Chapman will be assistant manager
Guy Butters will be defensive Coach
Adam Hinshlewood will be assistant defensive coach
Charlie Oatway will be motivation coach
Darren Currie will be attacking set piece coach
Dean White will be chief dietician
Michel Kuipers will be goal keeping coach on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays
Paul Crichton will be goal keeping coach on Tuesday, Thursdays and Saturdays
Nicky Forster will be attacking coach
Gary Hart will be assistant attacking coach
Kerry Mayo will be sustitute coach
Andrei Kanchelskis will be wing play coach
Paul Rogers will be defensive midfielder coach

John Sullivan will still be contracted but not made his debut

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
mid table championship side, with Zamora back up front.

How good does that sound....dreamland

15k + crowd

Following the collapse of the Football League, after the disastrous 2010/11 season, during which 30 football clubs went out of business, Falmer will be selected to host all the games in the Setanta Sports Soccer 2013 Tournament, which will be won by the Toyota Soccer Stars. Admission to all 36 games in the tournament, played over eight weeks in May and June, will be free and crowds will reach 8,000 for the final stages. Setanta will pronounce the tournament a huge success, with over 9 million viewers tuning into the final. Brighton and Hove Albion Events Ltd will decide to bid to host the 2015 tournament.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Do you actually expect the prices to come down when we get Falmer then? I would suggest you will be very dissapointed if you do

Not as disappointed as the board will be by attendances if prices are still way more expensive than other clubs in our league.

Jamon Jamon

Mar 25, 2008
Following the collapse of the Football League, after the disastrous 2010/11 season, during which 30 football clubs went out of business, Falmer will be selected to host all the games in the Setanta Sports Soccer 2013 Tournament, which will be won by the Toyota Soccer Stars. Admission to all 36 games in the tournament, played over eight weeks in May and June, will be free and crowds will reach 8,000 for the final stages. Setanta will pronounce the tournament a huge success, with over 9 million viewers tuning into the final. Brighton and Hove Albion Events Ltd will decide to bid to host the 2015 tournament.

Thanks LB, scared the life out of me:(

Skint Gull

Jul 27, 2003
Watchin the boats go by
Not as disappointed as the board will be by attendances if prices are still way more expensive than other clubs in our league.

Depends on what league we're on doesn't it. If we're in this division it's probably a bit expensive even for a brand new stadium but if we're in the top 2 will have comfortably more than 12k even at current prices. If we're in the championship i'd say the current prices are vary much standard and there's no way Falmer would be cheaper!

Jimmy Grimble

The league system will have changed in 5 years time. I wouldn't be surprised if the Championship ends up being called something like Premier League 2 or Premier league B.

Several clubs will have gone out of bussiness and the Albion will be in Premier League 2/B. We will have a new chairman and get crowds of around 13,000 a week.

Simster

"the man's an arse"
Jul 7, 2003
Surrey
I think we'll be bigger than f***ing Reading again. And I look forward to nicking all their best players and coaches for absolute f***ing buttons, helping them slide back to their rightful place in division 3.

Icy Gull

Jul 5, 2003
I think we'll be bigger than f***ing Reading again. And I look forward to nicking all their best players and coaches for absolute f***ing buttons, helping them slide back to their rightful place in division 3.

Dream on :laugh:

Nice "revenge is a dish best served cold" idea, though it'll never happen for obvious reasons. Shame as I'd love it too

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here