Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Micky Adams back as manager

Rowdey

Jul 7, 2003
Herne Hill
Adams back..

Anyone else got this txt from club - Adams as manager, wilkins as coach..?!

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
what?

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Yes...

Albion are reappointing Micky Adams as manager on a three-year deal. Dean Wilkins has been offered the role of first team coach at the club

Bloody hell :clap2:

Dandyman

In London village.
Just got the text - and I thought the club had run out of suprises!

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Micky Adams Appointed Albion Boss
Posted on: Thu 08 May 2008

Club Press Release

Albion are reappointing Micky Adams as manager with immediate effect. Dean Wilkins has been offered the role of first-team coach at the club.

Chairman Dick Knight explained, "This decision has not been taken lightly, but the Board feel we need a manager with the wealth of experience to help the club make the leap into the Championship.

"Dean's strengths lie in coaching and the development of players and that is why we have offered him the role of senior coach under Micky."

Adams has agreed a three-year deal with Albion. He and Wilkins worked together during the former's first spell at the club, while assistant boss Dean White was appointed to Albion's coaching staff by Adams in 2000.

All of Albion's backroom and coaching staff - including White, reserve-team boss Ian Chapman and chief scout Barry Lloyd - will all remain in their existing positions.

Adams was in charge of one the most successful periods in the club's history, leading Albion to the Third Division Championship in 2000/01 and also laid the foundations for the club's successive championship in 2002.

He has also enjoyed promotion success at Fulham and Leicester City, taking the Foxes to the Premiership, and most recently was assistant manager at Colchester United.

Adams said, "Having worked at the club previously, which was a fantastic and rewarding experience, to get the chance to manage a super football club like Brighton & Hove Albion again was an opportunity I couldn't turn down.

"I look forward to working alongside Dean Wilkins, the players and the rest of the coaching staff - and working together with the Albion supporters - to try and get this club back into the Championship as we move towards our new home ."

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
just seen this on Seagulls.co.uk!!!!

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Holy. f***ing. Shit.

Wilkins will be gone by the end of the week - no way he'll put up with that. Am I the only person here who thinks this is a bad idea? Never go back...

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
f*** ME.

so who took the decision to get rid of all the 10 players

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
I am stunned to say the least - surely Wilkins will not accept this.

Should be interesting next season to say the least.

Monkey Man

Your support is not that great
Jan 30, 2005
Neither here nor there
Can't help but feel excited.

Can't help but feel a bit sorry for Dean ... he's come a long way and has the makings of a decent manager.

Can't help but feel this is a joke. How much have I had to drink?

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here