Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Stewards - Thugs

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The Stewards today were an utter disgrace. Ok the lad shouldn't have run on the pitch at the end but it was high spirits nothing else. it was obviously to anyone who had a brain cell which unfortunately excludes the stewards that he was not going to twat anyone.

He was aggressively rugby tackled to the floor by about 3 stewards and then frog marched off by the overweight middle aged one who was twisting his arm around to try and cause pain and then gave him to the Police who handcuffed him !.

The middle aged steward marched back and gave high 5's to his fellow knuckledraggers. To my mind they are just thugs and worse than the unwanted football element. He obviously got great pleasure from it and regarded himself as some sort of super hero.

Disgraceful.

Wardy

NSC's Benefits Guru
Oct 9, 2003
In front of the PC
I expect that it made his season.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
He's probably hoping it was caught on film so he can relive his moment of glory time and time again

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I know they had to make an example, but they were VERY heavy handed!

And the other guy they dragged away was only on the running track because a steward dragged him on there!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thugs

Rookie

Greetings
Feb 8, 2005
if he wasn't on the pitch never would have happened, really don't care how they got him serves him right

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Yeah he deserved to be assaulted and handcuffed :shootself. Have you ever done anything down to high spirits ?. He should have been taking off and warned but the glee , excessive violent behaviour and hand cuffs were ridiculous. I can only assume you did not see the incident.

Basil Fawlty

Don't Mention The War
if he wasn't on the pitch never would have happened, really don't care how they got him serves him right

If he had a knife then yes I would say he deserved to be rugby tackled to ground. But this guy wanted to say thanks to Mayo, for his loyalty to this club.... Totally out of order from the Stewards.

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
So I wonder how many signs and warnings this fan failed to notice when committing this offence ?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A bit of common sense was needed. I remember the days when 5000 ran on the pitch at the end of season, it was part of the day and expected and we did not have stewards throwing hissy fits about it

The Stewards today were an utter disgrace. Ok the lad shouldn't have run on the pitch at the end but it was high spirits nothing else. it was obviously to anyone who had a brain cell which unfortunately excludes the stewards that he was not going to twat anyone.

Not the point. If they let him run about then a load more would want to get on there. You know that.

He was aggressively rugby tackled to the floor by about 3 stewards

Slight exaggeration there. He was chased down and rugby tackled by one. Another turned up to help restrain him, although that wasn't really necessary.

and then frog marched off by the overweight middle aged one who was twisting his arm around to try and cause pain and then gave him to the Police who handcuffed him !.

I agree that the guy trying to twist his arm up behind his back was going way over the top, the bloke wasn't trying to get away and wasn't trying to lash out. But what else are they supposed to do with him? It's an offence to go on the pitch.

The middle aged steward marched back and gave high 5's to his fellow knuckledraggers. To my mind they are just thugs and worse than the unwanted football element. He obviously got great pleasure from it and regarded himself as some sort of super hero.

Disgraceful.

They had probably been told that as it's the last day of the season people will try and get on the pitch and that they mustn't let them because of the need to present Swansea with the trophy. The cameras we're out in force at Withdean today for that reason, so to keep it to one idiot is something they were probably quite pleased about.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
As usual NSC see's it differntly for the bloody sake of it. I know what I saw and I know EVERYBODY was outraged by it and let the stewards know in no uncertain manner. Still as usual lets argue the toss about it.

A bit of common sense was needed. I remember the days when 5000 ran on the pitch at the end of season, it was part of the day and expected and we did not have stewards throwing hissy fits about it

I don't think it would have been a big deal had there not been a trophy to present. If we'd gone on the pitch the Swansea would have come on too, and it could have been chaos.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
You must be the ONLY person who thought it was acceptable, still best not to agree as thats not the NSC way is it.

Timbo

Jul 5, 2003
Hassocks
As usual NSC see's it differntly for the bloody sake of it. I know what I saw and I know EVERYBODY was outraged by it and let the stewards know in no uncertain manner. Still as usual lets argue the toss about it.

Someone ALWAYS has to have an opinion different to everyone else's!! You could start a thread saying child molestors deserve to be punished and somebody would disagree, just for the sake of it.

DJ Leon

Aug 30, 2003
Hassocks

When you say NSC, you really mean about 3 other posters who so far have disagreed with you. Perhaps you could consider that they actually have a different opinion to you and are not doing it for the sake of it.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think some people just come on NSC to disagree just for the sake of it. It seems to give people pleasure for some bizarre reason best known to themselves.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here