Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Champs elect vs Relegation favourites @ the Rose Bowl

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
I was just about to post about that. Interested to see Aga is in the squad instead of Liddle. Did he play well against the MCC.

Really looking forward to the season. Hope we can make it three in a row!!!

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
Poor Hodd, how he's not opening with Nash I'll never know.

We do bat very deep though, which is very important nowadays.

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008
More like, how is Prior not opening with Nash and Hodd keeping wicket?

Definetely in agreement with that. Id much prefer prior at the top of the order with hodd coming in later. We do bat deep though which is a good sign for the season.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Your both right. Hodd is a better batsmen that Hopkinson and a better keeper than Prior.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I spoke to Andy Hodd after the REMF game, he is genuinley gutted about not playing, he thought he deserved to be playing.

I told him he should be in too. He thought Prior is in on reputation rather than ability, which I agreed with. But I guess Sussex are trying to help his England career.

Finchley Seagull

Feb 25, 2004
North London
Definetely in agreement with that. Id much prefer prior at the top of the order with hodd coming in later. We do bat deep though which is a good sign for the season.

The problem is Prior may be too attacking to be an opener in the four day game. Hope Hoppo proves everyone wrong and scores a double century at the Rose Bowl (it could happen)!

Uncle Buck

Ghost Writer
Jul 7, 2003
The problem is Prior may be too attacking to be an opener in the four day game. Hope Hoppo proves everyone wrong and scores a double century at the Rose Bowl (it could happen)!

It could happen, but doubt it.

Hoppo is not an opener. He is a decent one day player, but definetly not an opener.

Although I am not sure Nash is really an opener. I suspect long term he will take Adams spot at number 5.

S'hampton Seagull

Oct 12, 2003
Southampton
I spoke to Andy Hodd after the REMF game, he is genuinley gutted about not playing, he thought he deserved to be playing.

I told him he should be in too. He thought Prior is in on reputation rather than ability, which I agreed with. But I guess Sussex are trying to help his England career.

I think he'll get his chance as I'm not sure Hoppo is up to it.

Gareth24

Mar 19, 2008

It wont happen but id like to see him against the new ball get a few runs and get his confidence back. Id say Hodd is technically better when it comes to medium pacers and spin but prior could get us off to a very good start. Id love hodd to have the gloves and prior to concentrate on batting and stick him in the field.

But obviously the first innings scores on their wicket will be crucial so we will see soon how things develop

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton

I think the best we can hope for is for Prior to be in dazzling form, get recalled to the england side & then Hodd will come back in and we can all relax

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here