Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Beasant future still uncertain

brighton rock

Jul 5, 2003
lancing
Beasant future still uncertain

Brighton have revealed that veteran goalkeeper Dave Beasant is "not too keen" on the current contract offer made by the Second Division club.
Beasant's previous deal expired at the end of last season but manager Steve Coppell is keen to keep the former Wimbledon keeper at The Withdean Stadium.

However, he told the Argus: "I've made him an offer and he is not too keen on it, but I only have so much to play with.

"Dave likes it here and he wants to come back. What he is asking for is reasonable. He is not putting a gun to my head but I have got to keep as much powder dry as possible to get forwards in.

"As far as I'm concerned I have definitely got to get two forwards. I can get away with almost everything else, because the squad is so flexible."

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
I believe FDM is ready to start... but we need a backup keeper surely?... I hear the youth goalie is fantastic (from youth coach), but it must be too early for him...

bigc

Jul 5, 2003
is that the same youth goalie that played at the beach football when keeley got tired?

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Djmiles

Barndoor Holroyd
Dec 1, 2005
Kitchener, Canada
4 years on and we're stil asking the same question, lol.

:lolol:

Don't think he'll be in here in 4 more years time, but you never know! (God I hope no one finds this thread in 2011 if FDM is still here!)

Bakesy

Farting for ENGLAND!!!
Feb 13, 2005
How would i know?I'm pissed.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
"Dave likes it here and he wants to come back. What he is asking for is reasonable. He is not putting a gun to my head but I have got to keep as much powder dry as possible to get forwards in.

"As far as I'm concerned I have definitely got to get two forwards. I can get away with almost everything else, because the squad is so flexible."

oh for the days when we had a manager who could get in two decent forwards

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here