Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Flymo Lawn Mowers: Help

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Just tried to cut the grass and my Electric Flymo (3400 compact) has gone up in blue smoke. Only 4 years old. That's as long as any electric mower seems to last me. So all you NSC gardeners out there any recommendations on a new electric mower that will last a bit longer than 4 years?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
Rotary mowers are more reliable my old man got a roary from B&Q their own brand about 7 yrs ago and still going strong. They have a 120' garden as well.

Either that or it's just you :lolol:

The Auditor

Sep 30, 2004
Villiers Terrace
Just tried to cut the grass and my Electric Flymo (3400 compact) has gone up in blue smoke. Only 4 years old. That's as long as any electric mower seems to last me. So all you NSC gardeners out there any recommendations on a new electric mower that will last a bit longer than 4 years?

lucky it lasted that long ..my 3400 has had two new engines in its first year !!
Used it today for the first time this year ..ok at the moment...was recommended an electric hayter by the bloke who did the warranty work but they are twice the cost of the flymo

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
lucky it lasted that long ..my 3400 has had two new engines in its first year !!
Used it today for the first time this year ..ok at the moment...was recommended an electric hayter by the bloke who did the warranty work but they are twice the cost of the flymo

Thanks for that. For me it might be cheaper to pay more now than another in 4 years time!

blue'n'white

Oct 5, 2005
2nd runway at Gatwick
In the best traditions of Monty Python - "You were lucky"
My Flymo lasted less thn a season and I got sod all help from the Flymo customer care people - if you're trying to find out who deals with them it's Husqvarna by the way.
I went out and bought a Bosch for about £140 and would unhestitatingly recommend it to anyone. Got it from homebase and I don't know the number or anything but it is a great mower - a bit more expensive than your usual one but well worth it

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
Petrol all the way :thumbsup:

Used to go through Flymos like they were going out of fashion, currently Makasa petrol is from 1994 and going strong.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Petrol mowers are definitely the answer. You won't electrocute yourself when slicing through the cable and will have hours of fun and exercise pulling the starter cord to get the damn thing to go. When they do start they are excellent.

This is even better

harvester1.jpg

Stevie Boy

Nov 2, 2004
Horam
i have to say mountfields arent as goo das they used to be, i know lawnmowers liek the back of my hand, my dad has been servcing repairing them, for 30 years, there is too much crap out there from china which doesnt last 5 mins

Home

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
Just an update, have purchased a Hayter. Apart from the recommendations here went to a local mower dealer who also advised they were pretty good. Nearly £200 though! It had better be good.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here