Attachments

• 9196[1].jpg
    9196[1].jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 4,733

Lammy

Registered Abuser
Oct 1, 2003
Newhaven/Lewes/Atlanta
This photo did the rounds on here a while ago. Can't remember his name though...

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
He died a few years ago. I believe he was a dustman and spent most w/e on roundabouts in the Worthing Area.

Pushed an old bike and waved to everyone. Eccentrics like him seem to be a thing of the past :(
No doubt he'd get beaten up and mugged these days

Last edited:

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
oh god this brings back memorys, used to see him wandering around shoreham directing traffic,
Think he had a bike aswell.

blimey!

Last edited:

Eastleigh Seagull

Jul 7, 2003
Bolton
wow, I remember seeing him virtually every Saturday on the way to the Goldstone - he used to hang out on the Broadwater roundabout. Seemed like a harmless eccentric but swore like a sailor every time someone tried talking to him. What memories!

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
Was defo worthing because I can remember tempting him along to worthing utds ground to be our mascot for an under 18s game!

I kid you not!

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
his name was Horace . . .strange fellow, he had a wife apparently . . .she used to dress up as well. . . .At least I think they where separate people :lolol:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I'm sure I've seen that bloke at the Roundabout in Worthing where the A27 goes into Broadwater.

Not for a long time though.

marvin

Jul 5, 2003
The corner quietly rusting
Looks like Elton "I'm Still Standing"

nail-Z

Jul 10, 2003
North Somerset
He was actually quite a normal bloke most of the time. His 'Horace' time was all an act - and he loved the attention it would bring.

I knew this as he used to live in a block of flats not a million miles from where my dad used to live in East Worthing.

His name was Horace Duke. The bloke was an absolute legend and he was always on the road along the seafront at Worthing. His catchphrase was "haven't you ever seen a gay sailor before?" I've got a newspaper cutting about his last day at work somewhere, maybe I'll post it on here if I ever stumble across it. Then again maybe not.

xx

Yep, that's Horace. Offington roundabout and Thomas A Becket lights were his favourite hang outs, causing many an unsuspecting motorist to nearly swerve off the road. I saw him lose his rag one day after a group of Worthing High kids gave him the wanker sign. The sight of spotty faced sixth formers being chased by an eccentric clown swearing at the top of his voice was a classic sight. He died about three years ago I think.

Rumours that he was related to Barry Lloyd are totally false. :rolleyes:

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Just remembered, he also sported a Red Nose day stick on nose in his last few years.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here