Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

The Argus Achievement Awards 2008 - Can REMF go one better?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Last year REMF was shortlisted from nine nominations for charity of the year. Can they go one better? The Argus are now accepting nominations.

Fantastic coverage for the charity and a great night out for those that put so much tireless work into the fund, plus a fitting tribute to add to all the events in memory of Robert Eaton.

2008-logo.gif

You can nominate here

The Argus: About The Argus: The Argus Achievement Awards: Nomination form

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Thanks for putting this up BOF. REMF have been shortlisted twice for charity of the year. In 2002 and in 2007. We have never won.

Being there last year I can tell you this nomination means a lot to Douglas & Laura Eaton and the whole family. We were dissapointed last year but proud to be shortlisted.

My one desire is to see the REMF win the award and for Douglas & Laura Eaton take the award from Nicholas Owen in the memory of their son.

Couldn't Be Hyypia

We've come a long long way together
NSC Patron
Nov 12, 2006
Near Dorchester, Dorset
Can you tell us what address we need to put for REMF on the nomination form please. Also, we all know the good work REMF does and why, but is there a coherent positioning you would like us to comment on in the "Reason" for nomination box? Or are you happy for people to pick their own reasons?

Maybe a link to a quick overview of this year's work would be useful for those of us who don't have day-to-day involvement.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will put some details down. Own reasons are best not everyone putting the same thing.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
The charity address is

26 Whitelot Close
Southwick
West Sussex
BN42 4YQ

Adam Virgo's Shirt

I took Adam's shirt off!
Oct 7, 2006
IOW ex Worthing
Start a sticky thread with all the details we need to nominate then we can all do our bit to try and get REMF a win this year

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
A brief overview

2002-2004 - 3 year package to Los Peladitos, Queens, New York - providing 230 kits and 150 balls etc for underpriviledged 5-16 year old children

Since 2005

King George United - Southwick - kit and equipment
Fishersgate Community - kit and equipment
Real Southwick - kit and equipment
Fishersgate Flyers - kit
ASC Strikers / Shoreham - kits
Wickham Wanderers / Croydon - 4 sets of kit
Dash FC - grant and kit
Peacehaven Meridian - kit to replace kit lost at Sea for South African childrens club
Seagulls Special - grant
Coaching for Hope - 3 year grant to help aids orphans in Mali, Africa

We are looking to support clubs and projects throughout the Sussex and Croydon areas for children to play football in the memory of Robert Eaton. The REMF has made a huge difference to children from Brighton, Croydon, New York/USA, Mali/Africa and South Africa.

The fund has raised in excess of £ 50000 since 9/11 and children from across the world are enjoying the game Robert loved with a smile on their faces thanks to the REMF. Everyone involved or who has helped or donated monies and the supporters of BHAFC and CPFC can be very proud of this fund.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Local charities of any desciption really Laura. Last year an after hours teaching school for disabled children won.

Mrs Coach

aka Jesus H. Woman
The Argus: About The Argus: The Argus Achievement Awards: Nomination form

The online link to nominate. Drop down box and select charity of the year.

The Robert Eaton Memorial Fund
26 Whitelot Close
Southwick
West Sussex
BN42 4YQ

Use some of the reasons Uncle has listed above, but it would also put your own feelings about the charity, as US says, different perspectives look better than block votes.

Good luck to all at REMF. A superb cause to support.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
BoF, this might seem a bit morbid and off the wall, but how about trying to encourage those who leave bequests in their Wills to mention REMF. I have just read the list of different organisations helped by the fund, a marvellous one it is too, just think it is the sort of thing your average Albion (and possibly Palace) fan might consider when deciding how their estate is shared out. Even a small donation, perhaps in lieu of flowers at a funeral, can make a massive difference.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Gareth.

Following on from this, have we heard again from the teams in New York.

I think it would be nice for some follow up for the people on here who gave time and money to see how our efforts were received and how the money has been used to continually develop football in New York( as well as locally) as the original fund was set out to do.

Have we anyone at Los P who could give us a heads up on the current situation so we can say something about it at REMF 7

Just about to vote btw!!!!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Dave

I have Julio's e mail address somewhere and will send him an email.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here