Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

REMF 2nd Charity Golf Day – please read, even non-golfers

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
As most of you know, we are now supporting, not only junior football clubs in the Brighton, Croydon and New York areas, but also Aids/HIV orphans in Mali and Burkina Faso. To keep on doing so, we need to keep generating interest and funds.

The second REMF Charity Golf Day will take place on Friday 13th June at Mid-Sussex G.C. in Ditchling and we need your help.

How? Support is welcomed in a number of ways.

Firstly, entering the competition as a four ball will cost £55 per person. Check the Mid-Sussex web site. This day would normally cost £55.50, so it's a great deal. See below for more details.

Secondly, we're looking for sponsors, either individuals or companies, to sponsor a hole for £50. What do you get for this? Well, it's a charity donation so will be tax deductible. Your name (or your company's name) will be on prominent view at the hole you sponsor so all participants will know who you are. You will also be in the official program showing your sponsorship. We will also be receiving newspaper and radio media coverage. (Don’t forget Robyn is bigging us up all of the time on Talksport)

Thirdly, if you would like to donate a raffle prize this will be gratefully received and will also be recorded in the official program.

We hope to have some celebrities entering as well, but more about these later. We know that the readers and posters of this message board are second to none, so let's prove it once again.

Anyone entering the competition is guaranteed a great day. Any standard of golf is acceptable. We used to find around 16 Albion golfers for the match against Palace, so why not enter. If you can’t make up a 4-ball, let me know as there will be others in a similar position. I’m quite happy to put golfers together to create the teams – just let me know. (This includes DTG).
What do you get if you enter?
On arrival, participants will be welcomed with bacon rolls and tea or coffee. The entered four balls will then play 18 holes of golf, scoring in a stableford format. The winning team and runners up will all receive really excellent trophies. There will also be prizes for certain "Nearest the Pin" holes. On top of this, there will be a prize on every hole! Not having a very good round collectively? So what, you’ve still got up to hole 18 to grab a prize.
This will be followed by a three course meal, after which will come the raffle and presentations. We have already been promised some excellent raffle prizes so come and get some of it.

For any further information on how to enter, sponsor or donate, either send me a pm, email me on t.langridge@virgin.net or ring me on 07860 371461 any time.

I hope to hear from many of you.

Mods, please make this a sticky.

Tony......

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Can i add that this is a brilliant event, extremely well organised by Tony and well worth the effort.

Please make an effort to come along and support this very worthwhile event.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Firstly, entering the competition as a four ball will cost £55 per person. Check the Mid-Sussex web site. This day would normally cost £55.50, so it's a great deal. See below for more details.

Is this right Tony ?.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I will be up for this Tony as a player, please include me, but I am rubbish.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
And I promise not to try and sell a mortgage on my mobile whilst teeing off again Dave.

cjd

Jun 22, 2006
La Rochelle
I,m off for a few days Tony, but will send details of our 4 ball when I get back.We,re definitely in...!
To anyone else interested......a great day out........well organised....all standards of golfers........and the food is excellent.

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
Hi Desparate, appreciate your comments but at the moment, I just don't have the time to organize any other golf day.

You don't have to be a Tiger Woods to enjoy a day like this. The idea is just to have a bloody good day out. I can always fix you up with other golfers, of all standards, to make up a 4-ball. So, what about it?

cpfc remf captain

Jul 6, 2003
Tony ill just get the football out the way and then ill try and up the profile of the golf day this end. Probably why you havent heard from me yet, not that i can play which is a shame.

brighton_haha

Feb 8, 2008
Tony, I would love to play but a few of us CPFC BBS'ers are watching Surrey v Kent in the 20/20 that afternoon, so bugger.............!

However, would like to donate something for the day so will contact you accordingly....

Keep up the good work, long may it continue....

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
Team SAVE THE HILLIANS deposit is in the post to you today

Really looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
That's great news BI.

NSC'rs are some of the most genuine and generous people going.

:clap: :clap:

See you in June.

You're welcome - just don't refer to me as BI again :safeway :lolol:

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
NSC Roll Call of Honour
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

With the second REMF Charity Golf day only 3 weeks away, I thought it was time to put up the current NSC Roll Call of Honour. This is in recognition of the people who, in some way, are supporting the day. Hopefully, there will be more to add.

Sponsoring a hole for £50

a CPFC supporter ‘the slow norris’

Entering a 4-ball team

Albion supporter ‘cjd’

Albion supporter ‘Tricky Dicky’

Albion supporter ‘csider’

Albion supporter ‘superphil’

Albion supporter ‘Barry Izback’

Entering individually to be part of a 4-ball team

N1 Gull

Uncle Spielberg

Albion Legend, Paul Rogers

:bowdown:

Woodingdean Gull

Jul 7, 2003
Woodingdean, Brighton
I have to post my sincere apologies to Charlie who posts as "the slow norris". I won't go into details but I assumed that he was a Palace supporter. In actual fact, he's an Albion supporter.

My apologies once again.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here