Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

free travel

Jan 30, 2008
Lewes are running a free supporters coach to Bath on saturday ,one of the players family are providing the coach free of charge ,any chance of the board showing this kind of backing to albions loyal away following

Da Man Clay

T'Blades
Dec 16, 2004
No, because we aren't a non league side who can take all away fans on one coach. Why should we offer a free coach to an away game?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I am sure we would be delighted to pay for coach travel of the away supporters when the club is losing money daily and need to run a tight ship to finance squad improvements over the summer. :dunce: The emphasis must be on attractING fans to Withdean, not away matches.

Last edited:

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
lay on so many coach's and on a first come first served basis or get on the blue rinse militia coach easy!

...meaning that anyone who turns up after the provided coach(es) has left is stranded, as you're not going to be able to arrange alternative transport in that timeframe :dunce:

Jan 30, 2008
...meaning that anyone who turns up after the provided coach(es) has left is stranded, as you're not going to be able to arrange alternative transport in that timeframe :dunce:
no they book in advance when they have sold out thats it .this would only be for maybe one or two games a season a goodwill gesture

Cian

Jul 16, 2003
Dublin, Ireland
no they book in advance when they have sold out thats it .this would only be for maybe one or two games a season a goodwill gesture

"sold out" implies money. You're suggesting free.

Have you got this masterplan fully reconciled in your head yet, then?

Also, why would you give a 'goodwill gesture' to people who are not your customers - the club makes no money off away fans at league games.

Penny

Fourth Sugarbabe
Mar 6, 2008
Preston
Lewes are running a free supporters coach to Bath on saturday ,one of the players family are providing the coach free of charge ,any chance of the board showing this kind of backing to albions loyal away following

So Lewes as are club are not, themselves, rewarding their 'loyal away following' then?

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
Slightly going off topic.

I was one of the unlucky people who didn't get to Forest for the (5th round?) of the League Cup back in the 70s. Out of 3 trains that went up 2 of us were sent back due to a fire.

We lost 3 - 1. for those of us that didn't make it, the club showed the match again at Hove Town Hall (no Videos back then) and gave us free travel AND match tickets for the Charlton game at the valley!

Jan 30, 2008
"sold out" implies money. You're suggesting free.

Have you got this masterplan fully reconciled in your head yet, then?

Also, why would you give a 'goodwill gesture' to people who are not your customers - the club makes no money off away fans at league games.
yes, i should of rephrased that as "booked up"

Jan 30, 2008
So Lewes as are club are not, themselves, rewarding their 'loyal away following' then?
not directly, but i see no reason as to why this couldn't happen at the albion why are some people going on the deffensive on this one??? whats the worry

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
not directly, but i see no reason as to why this couldn't happen at the albion why are some people going on the deffensive on this one??? whats the worry

Sure, the same thing could happen, if one of our players said 'I want to shell out £8000 for a fleet of coaches to Walsall, is that okay?'. I'm sure if they did, then the club would be happy to facilitate it. Until then, they should spend their money on their actual RESPONSIBILITIES.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here