Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

david attenborough- what will we do?

Oct 25, 2003
a thought occured to me while watching life in cold blood last night, that when this great man passes away, there will be NO MORE great nature programmes

i'm yet to see anyone present a nature programme with the class of attenborough, the term 'legend' is banded about willy nilly (yeah, danny cullip is a LEGEND isn't he?!), but this man truely deserves the title

SUPERB man:clap:

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
This is his last full series anyway. :(

I think we need to get to work on human cloning.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I was sat watching the programme last night and have to say that it was worth my whole months TV licence contribution on its own, the best bit was where he was fishing for a lizard...that was just bizarre and must rank amongst the top clips of Attenborough, the man has a way of drawing you in and making almost any animal subject completely captivating.

In fact, I would go so far as to say that he and his brother (Lord Dickie) have become British institutions, amongst the very finest in their respective fields.

perseus

Broad Blue & White stripe
Jul 5, 2003
Sūþseaxna
David Attenborough'sa voice was a monotone. It is the photography that does the work.

But God, forbid save us from Lovejoy! = Ian McShane

Badger

NOT the Honey Badger
NSC Patron
May 8, 2007
Toronto
They could record everything David Attenborough has said on his documentaries and then reuse the phrases over the top of new ones, kind of like John Motson on FIFA.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Surely you are forgetting about Bill Oddie, he's bound to get fed up doing those B&Q ad voiceovers. Once Dave pops his clogs, BILL will step into the breach.

:thumbsup:

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Should the unthinkable happen and David Attenborough be as one with the earthworm, there may well be demand for a revival of Lenny Henry's hilarious David Bellamy impression as seen on Tiswas

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
too much of a liability though.....I have noticed that they seem to be grooming TITCHMARSH for the job.......which would be SH*THOUSE

Yup, just wouldn't be the same somehow

gordon_titchmarshS2.jpg

Dr Q

Jul 29, 2004
Ilkley
David Attenborough is irreplaceble .... fact.

Possibilities to fill a small part of his shoes:
Saba Douglas-Hamilton or Charlotte Uhlenbroek purely on asthetic appeal, or Simon King, although he's more of a cameraman than a presenter.

Not Titchmarsh or that gimp with the lisp ...Cwis Pwackham!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
Alan Titchmarsh always raises a giggle for me. Possibly one of the funniest things I have ever heard last summer. Next door to us have an Alan Titchmarsh gnome in their garden. We were sat on our patio eating lunch one afternoon, when the lady of the house next door shouted at her small son, "Oh darling, please don't wee all over Alan Titchmarsh"

:lolol:

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
As previously stated, he is irreplaceable, but I wouldn't mind them trying with Ellie Harrison. She can be found on the One Show now and again.

ellie_140x111.jpg

The ultimate animal-lover, Ellie brings her signature passion and excitement for wildlife to The One Show. A trained ecologist, environmentalist and natural history expert, she'll be scouring Britain's countryside - from our rolling woodlands to our back gardens - in order to bring the elusive (and not so elusive) animals to our TV screens.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
David Attenborough is irreplaceble .... fact.

Possibilities to fill a small part of his shoes:
Saba Douglas-Hamilton or Charlotte Uhlenbroek purely on asthetic appeal, or Simon King, although he's more of a cameraman than a presenter.

Not Titchmarsh or that gimp with the lisp ...Cwis Pwackham!

I can see the BBC giving the role to some bit of eminently under-qualified posh totty like Ben Fogle
:nono:

Bring back Terry Nutkins...

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
Thanks BoF, was trying to remember her name, she would certainly get my vote as a long term replacement for Sir DA.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Specially if that Ellie really IS "the ultimate animal lover"

RRAAARR !

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here