Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Do you think we will be in the prem or knocking on the door in the next 5-7 years

Where will the club be in 5+ years?

• Premiership - Already booking travelodge Old trafford!

Votes: 20 18.0%
  • Championship - Knocking on playoffs & door to the top

Votes: 32 28.8%
  • Championship - Mid table

Votes: 43 38.7%
  • Nice new ground that we cant fill in league one or worse - Boooooooo

Votes: 16 14.4%

• Total voters

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
Ok were not setting the world alight in league one this season, but with all the falmer fight sorted and rich chairman like Mr Gold already noting his interest with many others I suspect it looks a little too rosy to actually be the albion that I speak of.

What are your thoughts on a surge to the top flight for the Albion??

Some teams with investment have gone up and stayed up, for example.....Reading,Wigan & Fulham. Which does look good for us if we can get the money people attracted to the club.

But a new ground and wealthy chairman doesnt always guarentee success for lower league sides.....

What do you think is a realistic target for us over the next 5 years?

Last edited:

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
Nurse..he has got out again!!!

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
What do you think is a realistic target for us over the next 5 years?

Consolidation into the Championship, perhaps having a brief flirtation with the play-off but not quite making it.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
I reckon we be a bit like Burnley or Stoke in the championship (or what ever its called by then) where we will be an established 2nd tier team, who occaionally flirt with play offs or relegation, but ultimatley stay in the same league

I predict an FA Cup quarter final appearance in that time too :thumbsup:

Bevendean Hillbilly

Sep 4, 2006
Nestling in green nowhere
Realistically? I see us, in 5 years, competing at the top of the Championship, bottom of the Prem, sort of like Charlton or West Brom.

We will never be one of the Major Teams, probably the best we can hope for is Pompey level

Billy the Fish

Technocrat
Oct 18, 2005
Haywards Heath
No chance. To be honest I think we will be skint for many years after we move into Falmer. If the break even crowd is an average of 12,000 then I think we will have the same problems that we have now. I hope to god our first season is a good one, at least some of the initial interest will be sustained, if we are shit when we move in it could be a bit of a disaster.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I think we will get a bit of a kick in the next five years or so, call it the Falmer factor if you like, no doubt we are underperforming a bit at the moment but I remain optimistic that we can get promoted and establish ourselves as a Championship side...look at some of the other teams who are there at the moment, no reason why we can't achieve what they have.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
:lol:If we end up in the Premiershit will the 39th game be a ticket fiasco ?:lol:

ATFC Seagull

Aberystwyth Town FC
Jul 27, 2004
(North) Portslade
It'd be nice, and if the stadium is delivered on time its certainly possible, so on that side of it I'll keep hoping. But in reality its all dependent on individual appointments (i.e. manager), form of players etc, so its impossible to say really. We shouldn't be any lower than we are now, thats for sure.

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I think top half of the championship and with a bit of luck a playoff place here and there.

I suppose it matters who comes in chairman/investment wise and how much they invest in the playing side.

Going to games with 10k+ at in the championship will be nice.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
No chance. To be honest I think we will be skint for many years after we move into Falmer. If the break even crowd is an average of 12,000 then I think we will have the same problems that we have now. I hope to god our first season is a good one, at least some of the initial interest will be sustained, if we are shit when we move in it could be a bit of a disaster.

I tend to lean towards this argument.

Once the Moulescombe and Coldean Community Stadium is build and opened, there will of course be a massive upsurge in support, certainly I would hope that the first game ( which I hope will be a big London club and a friendly) will be packed to the gills. This will also set the expectation of supporters. If there are problems with the trains or busses, any goodwill be be instantly snatched away, therefore I think the club have to be very careful about this. expection vast swathes of people to stay behind after the game to let the crowds clear is NOT the basis for a transport policy as people like to get away quick from a stadium.

If we are in the third division as now, then I would have thought £12k would be about right BUT will heavily depend on how we are doing.

we are going to have to service a huge debt...i just hope that prices will not put people off!

Gwylan

Jul 5, 2003
Uffern
I tend to lean towards this argument.

Once the Moulescombe and Coldean Community Stadium is build and opened, there will of course be a massive upsurge in support..

It's MOULSECOOMB... and the stadium is nowhere near Coldean; Stanmer is nearer but the Moulsecoomb and Stanmer stadium doesn't have the same ring.

The scary thing is that the Hiker's Rest will be the nearest pub (if the Swan really does close down) - that will be a nice greeting for away fans.

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
It's MOULSECOOMB... and the stadium is nowhere near Coldean; Stanmer is nearer but the Moulsecoomb and Stanmer stadium doesn't have the same ring.

The scary thing is that the Hiker's Rest will be the nearest pub (if the Swan really does close down) - that will be a nice greeting for away fans.

all right mr Picky...keep your hair on

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
God you are a pessimistic lot

Napper

Jul 9, 2003
Sussex
another who thinks that Falmer won't instantly mean success on the pitch.

Say after the 1st two seasons we still had a team like we do now then we would be struggling to get 12k imo, the knock on's from that could be very harmful.

Ideally with my Albion head on though I'd say yes , of course we'll be established championship side .... no worries

byf

Sep 26, 2003
Bournemouth
I'm really surprised at how negative people are...I was expecting a big surge of we will be in the prem and championship at worst....

To be fair If we are a mid table championship side I cant see us getting much over 10k per game for the gate

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
not being negative, but I think we have lost great swathes of fans, I know at least three who now follow other teams in London ( one of them a former Executive Club member)

Those are the people we are going to have to replace...its a challenge, but our current board are up for the challenge

Monsieur Leclerc

Café Rene. In disguise!
Apr 24, 2006
It depends how competitive our prices are and how good the marketing department is. We will have two universities on our doorstep which may help.

Signing a Japanese International and a Polish International is an absolute a must.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here