Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Large Firework display last night?

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
mmm...these cream and chive pringles are nice. I'm gonna get some more.

By the way, I can confirm that Les is the chap on the left. I've shared a beer or 2 with him in my time. Never had the pleasure of meeting Nibble or Bars though.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
99.9% sure they were on the beach, by the West Pier. That is from the angle of my lounge window. There have been repeat performances (albeit not as good) in the same area. I would have wandered down but it was shocking weather last night.

Well done for wasting council time, TLO. :thumbsup: :jester:

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
Well, Bars, Now we have established you are too chicken shit to tell us about you shall we call it a day?

Chicken Run

Member Since Jul 2003
NSC Licker Extraordinaire
Jul 17, 2003
Valley of Hangleton
Why don't you answer my f***ing question now? What is so amazing about you?
Yep I want to know now, for me , my three lovely children, my lovely girlfriend and my Parents my Dad btw is 70 today happy birthday dad, he once got aressted at Palace in the late 70's while we were qing to get in coz in his fasionable yellow oilskin he forgot to take out a pair of moulgrips and a golf ball, he was CEO of Sunblest at Woodingdean at the time lol. So Mars answer the question.

It wasn't asked in a harsh way, I genuinley meant have a guess. :)

Harsh? :D Given some of your posts to me over the past couple of years Nibbs (on indeed Mars on this thread) I don't think that one could be considered harsh. I only hope you are not wearing the Chelsea top. And anyway that one looks a bit mean and broody whereas the one on the right seems smiley so I'll go with him.

Edit: Not literally you understand.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
By the way, I can confirm that Les is the chap on the left. I've shared a beer or 2 with him in my time. Never had the pleasure of meeting Nibble or Bars though.
No Offence Mate, But I Tend Not To Meet People Who Have A Bullying Streak. They Make Me Feel Uncomfortable, Which Is Why I'm Busy Owning Nipple.

Actually I've Just Realised It's "Nibble", Not "Nipple"! However I Think I'll Stick To "Nipple" As It Seems More Appropriate Because He Is A Bit Of A Tit. :D :D :D :D :D

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Have to say I live oppo the QV statue Grand Parade and they were defo just south of the Royal Pav but people in my office who live over by Newtown Road heard them so that gives us some idea how loud they were!!
There must have been another one then that I missed, because the ones I saw were in a straight line carrying on from the bottom of my road, which takes you past Seven Dials, St Anne's Well Gardens and on to just west of the West Pier.

It's hard to tell how far away they were, which is why I guessed at St Anne's Well.

And you're right, they were bloody loud. Big booming ones.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
No Offence Mate, But I Tend Not To Meet People Who Have A Bullying Streak. They Make Me Feel Uncomfortable, Which Is Why I'm Busy Owning Nipple.

Actually I've Just Realised It's "Nibble", Not "Nipple"! However I Think I'll Stick To "Nipple" As It Seems More Appropriate Because He Is A Bit Of A Tit. :D :D :D :D :D

I see. You have failed to answer the simple question put to you. I don't know why but I suppose we can all draw our own conclusions. Bars, consider yourself owned.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
I'm the only bloke who's ever taken hair straighteners and hairspray to a footie match. That's my claim to fame. Come on Mars. What's your talent?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
so which one was it for???

Welsh Male Voice Choir
On 16 January 2008 at 19:00
Type: Music - Classical & Opera The Woodlands Centre
in Littlehampton

Level 2 Improvised Comedy
On 16 January 2008 at 19:30
Type: Classes, Courses & Workshops Evolution
in Brighton

Mimi Soya
Type: Music - Rock and Pop Engine Room
in Brighton

Beyond The Barricade
Type: Theatre White Rock Theatre
in Hastings

The Sleeping Beauty
Until 16 January 2008 at 19:30
Type: Theatre Theatre Royal Brighton
in Brighton

Demon Barbers
On 16 January 2008 at 19:45
Type: Music - Classical & Opera Great Hall, Brighton College
in Brighton

Come All Ye
On 16 January 2008 at 20:00
Type: Music - Folk & Country Arundel Football Club
in Arundel

300 Days Of Sun
Type: Music - Rock and Pop Portland Rock Bar
in Hove

Candela Flamenco
Type: Dance The Joogleberry
in Brighton

Meet Me In St Louis
Type: Music - Rock and Pop The Prince Albert
in Brighton

Wednesday Session
Type: Music - Rock and Pop The Pavilion Tavern
in Brighton

Pigs Ear
On 16 January 2008 at 20:30
Type: Music - Folk & Country The Lamb Inn
in Eastbourne

Dust Devil
On 16 January 2008 at 20:30
Type: Clubbing & Nightlife

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007

Your jokes are very middle aged, if you know what I mean. It is interesting that you go for the obvious jokes that most people wouldn't bother to post as they are a bit crap. But good to see you trying your best to comeback.

Trufflehound

Re-enfranchised
Aug 5, 2003
The democratic and free EU
The fireworks were set off from a boat very near to the West Pier.

Lovely display :)

Reason? :shrug:

Had she lived, Hollywood legend Ethel Merman would have been 100 yesterday. FACT.

Ethel is best known for making the tune "There's No Business Like Showbusiness" famous.

Which, coincidentally, is Nibble's favourite song.

Possibly.

Bars Mar

Registered Drug User
Jan 4, 2008
In Bed With My Doner
Had she lived, Hollywood legend Ethel Merman would have been 100 yesterday. FACT.

Ethel is best known for making the tune "There's No Business Like Showbusiness" famous.

Which, coincidentally, is Nibble's favourite song.

Possibly.
More Like There's No Business Like Part-Time Industrial And Office Cleaning.

Nibble

Jan 3, 2007
You cant i've just opened a bag of pork scratchings, You are getting a bit owned though Nibble. :laugh:

Owned in the sense that I am having a lot of childish, frankly not very funny jokes and insults posted against me? Hmm. The only one I found vaguely funny was the hoover bag one. If it is a case of the volume of insults then I can quite happily post here all day calling him every name under the sun.

However, if you consider sniggering and saying "he,he, you clean offices " being owned or the fantastic "you have no friends" then crack on.

What would you like? For me to say "Bars has a tiny cock", "Bars has no friends"? If that is your level then I imagine to you it does look ike i'm being "owned".

clippedgull

Hotdogs, extra onions
Aug 11, 2003
Near Ducks, Geese, and Seagulls
Some pics from last night, shot from my balcony :)

IMG_5002x.jpg

IMG_5003x.jpg

IMG_5004x.jpg

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Link Here