• Another - Please State

Votes: 3 8.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Where should REMF 7 be held. I am a strong fan of Lewes FC as I thought it was perfect with a great atmosphere, local with a bar. Selhurst would in my opinion be a cavern and 300 people or so would be lost. Withdean FC has similar issues and we have Southwick FC which did us proud twice or another local non league club.

I am starting the ball rolling for REMF 7 now. Further developements will follow as I am determined for REMF 7 to be the biggest and best and hope to get 500 to come.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
A somewhat radical suggestion, from someone who has never attended an REMF event but may be pursuaded to turn up for the next one, how about Queen Street in Horsham. It is one of the oldest grounds in Sussex and is due to go under the bulldozer at the end of the season, yet another town centre ground will be lost in favour of a soulless replacement elsewhere. Maybe not local enough for the majority of participants but it is sort of closer for our friends from the north, plus an opportunity to say goodbye to a piece of Sussex footballing history.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
like the idea of horsham, but lewes was good last year

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Would people come to Horsham when it is hard enough to get a couple of hundred to go 10 mins to Southwick or 15 mins on the train to Lewes ?.

ali jenkins

Thanks to Guinness Dave
Feb 9, 2006
Southwick
I think Horsham would be too far away.

Dont forget people have got to get back home after an evenig game, with penos and then all the presintations afterwards.

It needs to be somewhere local to Brighton

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Is correct I feel, people are intrinsically lazy and if they are thinking of coming any travelling will put them off come the day I believe.

Trigger

Jul 4, 2003
Brighton
Lewes was fantastic last year so I'd vote for that, however, maybe it's worth consdering a smaller ground near Selhurst for the future, like Whyteleafe or Croydon Athletic, those Palace lads really should have a home game at some point!

Beach Hut

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 5, 2003
Living In a Box
Lewes for me although this is the last year for the ball boys from me so someone needs to take over the mantle

Jul 5, 2003
Chertsey
I think Selhurst should at least be taken into consideration. If this is all about unity and fundraising for football, then we should at least return the favour for them coming down to us?

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
1 - Lewes - was great last year, though distance does no doubt put some people off
2 - Withdean - its a great feeling, getting to play there
3 - Selhurst - they deserve a home game, and playing where Beckham scored from the halfway line would be brilliant!

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I think we wre coming from different places. I can understand fully the players wanting to play at Selhurst or Withdean , what a great experience. For the organisers and logistics of people going its entirely different. If we had it at Selhurst I wonder how many would come from Brighton , 50 ?, tops. It is our main fund raising opportunity of the year.

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
Surely Lewes 10 minutes from Brighton station is not too difficult Brett ?.

CHAPPERS

DISCO SPENG
Jul 5, 2003
I liked Lewes. I think instead of messing about with where we have the game we should surely be putting more efforts into getting people there, no?

Uncle Spielberg

NSC Patron
Jul 6, 2003
Lancing
I agree Max. Lewes hospitality was superb and Alan came up trumps with his contacts there. All of this is subject to getting permission. I would not be that hopeful of getting permission to play at Selhurst as its been hard enough to get a signed shirt from them and only did I manage that last year when Peter Taylor stepped in.

I think Lewes was and is perfect and would rather concentrate on seeing if we can get that venue with Alan and working on that. We need to decide this month but this is not a dictatorship and thats why I through it open. I will go with whatever the concensus is as REMF is a community.

Brighton Breezy

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I agree Lewes was great. I just think every year Palace come down and bring a few with them. Just thought it might be a nice gesture to make the effort as a one off.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here