Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Where to buy Doc Martens in Brighton?

Barry Izbak

U.T.A.
Dec 7, 2005
Lancing By Sea
My old docs have had it and I've decided to treat myself - not necessarily in time for the trip to Miwwawll.

But where can you buy them in Brighton? There's a shop in Bond Street I know of, but do you know anywhere else?

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
good shop for dr martins down towards hove from churchill square (the name of the road escapes me???) opposite new look kind of area on the south side of the road

steward 433

Back and better
Nov 4, 2007
Brighton
good shop for dr martins down towards hove from churchill square (the name of the road escapes me???) opposite new look kind of area on the south side of the road

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD

Church Street? ???

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003

Western Road? About a hundred metres along from Churchill Square? Certainly used to be a DM shop there that did the whole range; Union Jack DMs, DMs with flowers on, red DMs, blue DMs, green DMs, yellow DMs.

Not sure if it's still there tho.

Bry Nylon

Test your smoke alarm
Helpful Moderator
Jul 21, 2003
Playing snooker
Copied below is a reply I made in a thread about where to buy Dr Martens a few months ago, jut in case anybody is in the market, so to speak:

Doc Martens are manufactured in the Far East now and there are common complaints that the fit is tight, the quality is poor and the leather feels 'thin.'

My recommendation is to source from Solovair, who are still based in Britain and manufactured the original Dr Martens under licence. They make fantastic shoes and boots, right here in the UK in Northampton.

Essex Fire and Rescue Service source all their uniform shoes for fire crews from Solovair and they are brilliant.

If you are still in any doubt, below is a picture of a Solovair boot. Beats anything Dr Martens can produce in Thailand now.

220px-Solovair_8_eye_boot.jpg

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
Copied below is a reply I made in a thread about where to buy Dr Martens a few months ago, jut in case anybody is in the market, so to speak:

Doc Martens are manufactured in the Far East now and there are common complaints that the fit is tight, the quality is poor and the leather feels 'thin.'

My recommendation is to source from Solovair, who are still based in Britain and manufactured the original Dr Martens under licence. They make fantastic shoes and boots, right here in the UK in Northampton.

Essex Fire and Rescue Service source all their uniform shoes for fire crews from Solovair and they are brilliant.

If you are still in any doubt, below is a picture of a Solovair boot. Beats anything Dr Martens can produce in Thailand now.

View attachment 80230

Pretty pink fairy wants to know if they do those with white laces ?

Bolton va va

Nov 20, 2012
Heavy metal ?

I got my last pair of docs for £50 in the sale bit of the Doc Marten's shop website & they've been fine.

pearl

May 3, 2016
Behind My Eyes

View attachment 80230

:drool: I have boots from Thailand that have been fine, but shoes I bought last year are rubbish

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here