****ing lovely

I love that more than 23% is 'Pork Fat'

:braders:=shit

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Thought this might be topical right now........

Blue3

Jan 27, 2014
Lancing
We brought a complete Aldi Christmas for a trial run last week testing it out on extended family members I can honestly report it was a great success so have decided that we will do again for the big day.

So even with providing two Christmas dinners for 5 individuals at each the cost was £148 and that was everything starters mains trimmings chicken on one and turkey and Pork on other a choice of deserts, cheese and biscuits, wines, crackers the lot.

Incredible value less than half what we spend normally and I can honestly say quality was as good if not better I'm converted

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
We brought a complete Aldi Christmas for a trial run last week testing it out on extended family members I can honestly report it was a great success so have decided that we will do again for the big day.

So even with providing two Christmas dinners for 5 individuals at each the cost was £148 and that was everything starters mains trimmings chicken on one and turkey and Pork on other a choice of deserts, cheese and biscuits, wines, crackers the lot.

Incredible value less than half what we spend normally and I can honestly say quality was as good if not better I'm converted

I did the big Xmas groceries shop at a rammed Aldi Portslade first thing yesterday, just £100. But they didn’t have quite a few items, so I ended up topping up at Waitrose.

CheeseRolls

NSC Patron
Jan 27, 2009
Shoreham Beach
ingredients:

Pork Fat
Pork Liver (23%)
Water
Milk
Pork Rind
Starch
Egg White
Salt
Spices and flavouring
Shallot
Grey Pepper
Sugar
E450
E451
E452
E120
Sodium Ascorbate
Sodium Nitrite
Caramelised sugar

result:

****ing lovely

I like Lidl and I like Pate but....

I bought some Brussels Pate from Lidl about two weeks ago and it was terrible. For some bizarre reason the pot included camembert (no idea why) and a sickly sweet jam topping (Cranberry I think). Worst thing I had ever bought from Lidl by a country mile. I will be looking out for some proper course pate tomorrow, that has not been ponced about with, as if it were an M&S wannabe.

Two Professors

Two Mad Professors
Jul 13, 2009
Multicultural Brum
The Aldi chicken and bacon is very tasty,almost Gammony.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
ingredients:

Pork Fat
Pork Liver (23%)
Water
Milk
Pork Rind
Starch
Egg White
Salt
Spices and flavouring
Shallot
Grey Pepper
Sugar
E450
E451
E452
E120
Sodium Ascorbate
Sodium Nitrite
Caramelised sugar

result:

****ing lovely

Would be interesting to see what the equivalent labelling looks like 12 years down the line from 2007

Pevenseagull

Anti-greed coalition
Jul 20, 2003
Would be interesting to see what the equivalent labelling looks like 12 years down the line from 2007

Dunno what the new stuff is like, but I think some of the original pack is in the back of my fridge.

....either that or a dead rat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here