Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Best Brighton goal

Marc

Jul 6, 2003
what is the best brighton goal you have ever seen at the withdeen or away from the withdeen mine was dean cox agianst the swansea that was the best goal i have seen so what is yours:ascarf::ascarf:and we won 3-2 up the albion

ME at Withers during half time in a REMF game, Trigger laid it off and I BRILLIANTLY rounded the hapless 9yr old defender and THUNDERED the ball into the top right corner passed the pathetic 10yr old keeper...it was BRILLIANT!

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Garry Nelson v Brentford in 1987.

Oh this thread pops up every year and every year that one above is my same answer.It was classic that there were Albion fans behind the goal he smacked it in and halfway down the side as well!.What an atmosphere that day.

dougdeep

May 9, 2004
SUNNY SEAFORD
I enjoyed Lee Steele's goal against Cheaterfield, even if it was offside.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
willy irvine's against villa the only albion goal EVER that made the final of M.O.D. goal of the season

generation x

its in the blood
Nov 24, 2007
Jimmy Case :drink: v Sheff Wed. Awesome power. I was in the Clock end, never seen better.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Paul Clark versus Spurs.

But my all time favourite was by Wardy when he beat about 10 players against Swindon in 76 I think.

Oh and he beat most of them twice.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
willy irvine's against villa the only albion goal EVER that made the final of M.O.D. goal of the season

This,of course,is the correct answer.End to end in a sweeping move and a wonderful finish,anybody there that day (and I was!) was privileged to see it.It's on here somewhere in one of those clever links that techie people know how to create.

And naturally I concur with the view that all the next best ever goals were scored by Wardy.His were down to individual brilliance,but the Irvine goal was pure Albion teamwork.

Great stuff!

(Can we have this thread again in a couple of months,please.I miss it when it's gone!)

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
My favourite is BZ at Chesterfield in the snow, when he nodded it out of the keeper's hands and tapped it in.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Chapper's thundering drive, against Bournemouth, on a very wet winters evening.
I think it made the score 3-3 but I will always remember the spray coming off the net as the ball crashed into it.

Honoury mentions to Terry Connors FA cup header at Hull, &, Wendy's Ipswich free-kick.

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005
A mention too for Gary Williams effort at the Goldstone against European Champions Nottingham Forest that flew past a helpless current England keeper Peter Shilton... captured by the MOTD cameras - he hit it from at least 70 yards out (yes, the ball came to him wide out on the left somehere behind the East Terrace...)...

(but the real answer is of course Jimmy Case at Highbury... )

Il Duce

Sussex 'till I die
Aug 19, 2006
NW8
As a bad fan I quite liked Chippy's free kick at White Hart Lane a couple of years back.

But my favourite is probably Paul Dickov's late winner at the Goldstone against Plymouth in the Liam Brady years. Not sure of the exact date.

wigman

Oct 10, 2006
East Preston
A mention too for Gary Williams effort at the Goldstone against European Champions Nottingham Forest that flew past a helpless current England keeper Peter Shilton... captured by the MOTD cameras - he hit it from at least 70 yards out (yes, the ball came to him wide out on the left somehere behind the East Terrace...)...
I remember that game really well; he scored it at the south stand end !
do you remember Alan Minter parading his belt at half time?

Moshe Gariani

Mar 10, 2005

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here