Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

South Stand lino last night

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
Didn't have a single clue last night. It was the same bloke both halves - they didn't swap over.

It's one thing getting close-call offsides right (or wrong) - errare humanes est and all that, but this fuckwit didn't even understand the sodding rules in the first place.

First, he was giving offsides against players who weren't interfering with play, gave some shocking he-was-three-yards-behind-the-player offside, but the one that really made me stopped being fellated by a 90 year-old nun was when the ball was played up to Nathan Elder, who was in an offside position. If he'd received it, he would quite rigtly been flagged offside. However, the defender intercepted it on his chest, passed it to his team-mate 10 yards away, who was about to pass when Nathan came back and challenged him for it. THEN the linesman put his flag up for offside.

Stone the bloody crows.

To be fair, he was equally hopeless for both sides.

SurreySeagulls

Jul 9, 2003
Guildford
He would have been the junior lino for last night as the senior will run the line in front of the benches. Will still be a least a Level 2 Referee. So will ref the middle of Conference football and line at football league. So one would guess he would know the offside law.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM
He would have been the junior lino for last night as the senior will run the line in front of the benches. Will still be a least a Level 2 Referee. So will ref the middle of Conference football and line at football league. So one would guess he would know the offside law.

You'd like to think so. It wasn't that obvious though.

This was the lino in front of the benches.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
They're not supposed to "swap over" otherwise they'd be running the line for the same team the whole game.

Mr Blobby

Jul 14, 2003
In a cave
I have to say that Surrey Seagull does normally talk utter twaddle! No doubt we will have to put up with this from about 5am at Gatwick tomorrow morning and all day in Austria ;-)

I have to say that the lino last night was dreadful. He gave several clearly wrong decisions, flagging our players offside on at least 3 occasions, that were beyond belief. Just after that Forster was put through and he was a good 3 yards offside and he waved play on!!!!

The other shocking display last night was from Uncle Buck. He blamed all the rumblings and odours on the Thai curry he has just eaten.

Buzzer

Languidly Clinical
Oct 1, 2006
The other shocking display was the effing steward who didn't want to let me, my 8 year old son, my mate and my 2 nephews (aged 10 and 9) in the ground as we were about 25 minutes late and then when we saw someone else had sat in our seats in Stand E, I said fair enough, we'd go and sit somewhere else and the reply was "it doesn't work like that". Bit of a jobsworth.

maffew

Dec 10, 2003
Worcester England
The other shocking display was the effing steward who didn't want to let me, my 8 year old son, my mate and my 2 nephews (aged 10 and 9) in the ground as we were about 25 minutes late and then when we saw someone else had sat in our seats in Stand E, I said fair enough, we'd go and sit somewhere else and the reply was "it doesn't work like that". Bit of a jobsworth.

sounds like a pillock

Perry Milkins

Just a quiet guy.
Aug 10, 2007
Ardingly
I have to say that Surrey Seagull does normally talk utter twaddle! No doubt we will have to put up with this from about 5am at Gatwick tomorrow morning and all day in Austria ;-)

I have to say that the lino last night was dreadful. He gave several clearly wrong decisions, flagging our players offside on at least 3 occasions, that were beyond belief. Just after that Forster was put through and he was a good 3 yards offside and he waved play on!!!!

The other shocking display last night was from Uncle Buck. He blamed all the rumblings and odours on the Thai curry he has just eaten.

they now do Thai Curry at the Withdean?

:ban:

Fourteenth Eye

Face for Radio
Jul 9, 2004
Brighton
First, but the one that really made me stopped being fellated by a 90 year-old nun was when the ball was played up to Nathan Elder, who was in an offside position. If he'd received it, he would quite rigtly been flagged offside. However, the defender intercepted it on his chest, passed it to his team-mate 10 yards away, who was about to pass when Nathan came back and challenged him for it. THEN the linesman put his flag up for offside.

I think you will find that that was lbw

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here