Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Northwich Vics to fold

ChubbyNVFC

Oct 29, 2006
Hi all, I was hoping my next visit to your board would be in happier times,ie another cup visit, but I fear that may be years away now as this Saturday will see to all intents and purposes the last ever game of Northwich Victoria FC, due to the dubious leadership of "King Conman" Mike Connett.
You may remember him from our less than successful trip down last season when you scraped through to the 2nd round:cool:.
He was the one trying to up the gate prices to try and squeeze as much dosh as possible out of you good folk. As I said at the time, what a :tosser: .
Well things have got unbelievably worse. We are now into our third manager since we played you, bottom with 2 points and now it appears we are £1/2 million up the creek with no assetts (the crafty ******* registered the ground and the club as two separate companies). :rant:

What I am asking is that if any of your Northern Seagulls are at a loose end on Saturday come along to the game at Vics to protest, KO 5:15 live on Setanta. Football can do without pillocks like him running clubs.

Wear your Brighton shirts if you can make it.

Our supporters trust is in the first stages of forming a new club along the lines of Telford and Aldershot but we will have to drop about five divisions!

Rant over, see you around folks and good luck for the season.:bigwave:
Chubbs.

Peppermint Tea

Aug 31, 2007
All the best pal. You have my every sympathy but can't make it Saturday. If you do form a supporters trust then come back and post the link and I will make a donation.
As one of our ex-managers was fond of saying - Keep the faith.

who me?

Jan 12, 2007
AFC wimbledon have shown the way for disenfranchised fans, one division below the conference south, good luck to your fans in your efforts to keep the spirit of your club alive.

they may take away your ground,your club,sell your assets but they cant take your shirt and they cant sell your memories or your history.

northwich victoria will only die if your fans let it

ChubbyNVFC

Oct 29, 2006
All the best pal. You have my every sympathy but can't make it Saturday. If you do form a supporters trust then come back and post the link and I will make a donation.
As one of our ex-managers was fond of saying - Keep the faith.

Cheers PT, we already have a trust (Not recognised by Connett:rolleyes:)
the link is: http://www.nvfc.co.uk/board/index.php?board=1.0 then just click the link on right hand side, once again, many thanks. Up the Albion.

Cheshire Cat

The most curious thing..
Not good at all - except possibly for the sentence highlighted in red but that won't help the Vics plight.

http://iccheshireonline.icnetwork.c...objectid=19910837&siteid=50020-name_page.html

Crisis: Vics face winding up order09:15, Oct 7 2007

by John Buckley, Mid Cheshire Chronicle

NORTHWICH Vics face a winding up order from the Inland Revenue.

They are due at the Royal Courts of Justice, London, on Wednesday week, where the club could plunged back into administration or wrapped up completely.

Adminstration is the usual outcome for football clubs though Vics, with their unique financial set up, may be different. They have no assets to match against debts - and what they owe to the Inland Revenue is rumoured to be between £200,000 and £300,000.

If owner Mike Connett pays off the debt beforehand the order will be withdrawn.

An adjournment, giving Vics more time to pay, is also a possibility.

But fans believe it is the beginning of the end and, if the club survives this season, it may have to start again at the bottom of the non-league pyramid.

Football clubs often face winding up orders - Crystal Palace, for instance, are currently subject of a similar move for allegedly unpaid electricity bills.
In a terse comment in the Chronicle this week Connett denied he was seeking voluntary administration for his club, but was trying to sell up.

To make matters worse Vics were ordered by the Manchester County Court this week to settle immediately another debt of £56,000 to another Cheshire company.

While Connett has consistently declined to comment on Vics’ finances it is believed there are other debts and the club are in the red.

Northwich own virtually nothing, their nine acre site and stadium all being the property of another Connett company, Beaconet.

Northwich Vics Supporters Trust chairman Peter Grimes has talked to Begbies Traynor, the firm of administrators who sold Vics to Mr Connett three years ago and are involved again, and has told members Vics need hundreds of thousands of pounds.

He told the Chronicle the Trust has access to enough money to become ‘a player’ in a resurgent Vics or in a rescue package. Begbies told him the Trust’s involvement might also influence the Inland Revenue.

Meanwhile, the Revenue refused to comment because they were directly involved in the legal proceedings.

Further legal action by other creditors is now also likely.

Scotty Mac

Jul 13, 2003
good luck

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
i can only echo the above

GOOD LUCK

good luck

good luck

good luck

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
Sorry to hear that Chubby. I would love to pop up, as I am keen to check out some haunts of my ancestors AND help out The Vics, but can't do so at such short notice.

Best of luck and I hope you are able to get rid of this muppett Connett.

You could try PM'ing Attila - I know, from the programme, that his wife is a Northwich lass.

Gully

Monkey in a seagull suit.
Apr 24, 2004
Way out west
I am just back from their game this evening, versus Forest Green, saw Lee Steele come on for about the last half hour. Thirty hearty souls made it down from Northwich to cheer their team on, possibly for the last time away from home if the post at the top of this thread is anything to go by. To be honest it wasn't a very good game, neither team really settled into a decent style of play and the 4-1 scoreline flattered the home side somewhat. On a positive note Stuart Fleetwood has now scored 9 goals in the last 4 games, worth a look Albion...possibly better than what we have already.

Robot Chicken

Seriously?
Jul 5, 2003
Chicken World
The Vics will never die. Just look at Scarborough. They're now Scarborough Athletic and although they're playing teams such as Rainworth Miners Welfare FC and Leeds Met Carnegie FC it doesn't matter as the club is still alive.

Don't give up hope just yet. Good luck.

Al Bion

What's that in my dustbin
Sep 3, 2004
Up North
Sorry to hear about the plight of the Vics, I shall definitely try and come along on Saturday as luckily our game is away at Vale with a 1.00pm kick off so I will have plenty of time to get between the two, all being well.

Good luck and keep fighting for your club.

bristolseagull

Jul 5, 2003
Lindfield
Yeah, shit news, best of luck with everything, i'll always remember you boys- was almost in tears after the cup game

algie

The moaning of life
Jan 8, 2006
In rehab
Sorry to hear that Chubby. I would love to pop up, as I am keen to check out some haunts of my ancestors AND help out The Vics, but can't do so at such short notice.

Best of luck and I hope you are able to get rid of this muppett Connett.

You could try PM'ing Attila - I know, from the programme, that his wife is a Northwich lass.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Take no notice of him Chubbs.He doesn't do away games

Silent Bob

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Dec 6, 2004
Seems to be a bit of a crisis in the Conference, sorry, Blue Square Premier over the last few years, lots of clubs going into administration and even out of business. What is the cause of it? ???

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Take no notice of him Chubbs.He doesn't do away games

How hilarious Algae. Hence why I said I would visit some places of my ancestors..! Maybe you couldn't understand the acenstry part. It means O-l-d / d-e-c-e-a-s-e-d r-e-l-a-t-i-v-e-s at the same time. Interestingly enough, I tend to go to a couple of away games each season, but it is not a high priority of seeking you out, if you do make it into the ground. I am not a great fan of neo-fascists, if you hadn't guessed.

Anyway...apologies for interrupting the thread.

Paying the bills

Latest Discussions

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Paying the bills

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here