Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Seaford - Whats It Like?

Feb 10, 2007
I m thinking of buying another home for an investment and wanted to know that your honest opinions were. I might even use the house for myself in the summer.

Any comments would be gratefully recieved.

Ciao.

PSS

Yorkie

Sussex born and bred
Jul 5, 2003
dahn sarf
Seaford is lovely and there are some really nice properties there. Lots of local shops and an unspoilt beach.

Feb 10, 2007
ok, but is it chavvy with lots of council houses (I grew up in a council house and there is a reason why I dont live in one now or live any where near them)? Or is it rather sleepy with old people.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
It is definitely the latter. There are only a few areas with any social housing. probably 90% or more of the town's population is in privately owned properties. It is very sleepy, pleasant and quite self-contained in that it is not joined to the urban sprawl of Brighton or Eastbourne. If I wasn't moving back down south from Liverpool to Eastbourne this week, Seaford would have been my second choice. Anything for a quiet life......

Croydonbloke

Palace in Sussex
Sep 1, 2004
West Sussex
Seaford is ok I stayed there 2 years ago on a long weekend. Just avoid Newhaven!

I`m staying in Alfiston next week for the weekend and may pop into Seaford if its nice.

The Oldman

I like the Hat
NSC Patron
Jul 12, 2003
In the shadow of Seaford Head
Depends what you want from your town. Seaford does not have the cosmopolitan lifestyle of Brighton & Hove or the more refined style of entertaining Eastbourne. Seaford is not a resort it's an unpretentious town by the sea. It has the lovely South Downs all around culminating in the maginificent Cuckmere Valley and Seaford Head. The shops are still small town with independent shop owners running butcher/fish/greengrocer/ lighting/ camera/ electronics plus a small Woolies/ Boots and a reasonable in town Morrisons. Pubs are nothing special but there is a variety to choose from.
Train Service to Brighton/ London is good and the 12 bus service to Brighton or Eastbourne is excellent.
There is a council estate which produces it's usual chavs but the town is predominately private housing. Posh area around Seaford Head golf course and again in East Blatchington .
When we wanted to return to Sussex 10 years ago we looked all the way from Bognor to Hastings and found Seaford to be a very nice place and we could afford the property prices.

Best of Luck

Last edited:

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Is this another \"hey look at how WEALTHY I am everyone !\" knob-wagging contest like the hugely interesting business turnover thread ? Tch. At least Dwaynes were vaguely entertaining in their own daft way.

YAWN

mona

The Glory Game
Jul 9, 2003
High up on the South Downs.
I m thinking of buying another home for an investment and wanted to know that your honest opinions were. I might even use the house for myself in the summer.

Any comments would be gratefully recieved.

Ciao.

PSS
Mr Capitalistscarf

You'd make much more by investing in East London. What about one of those luxury flats that Mr Hearn is building on a soon to be redundant football ground?

Seaford is lovely and there are some really nice properties there. Lots of local shops and an unspoilt beach.
I can't agree that Seaford's beach is "unspoilt".

It has been completely re-built by the Environment Agency in the last ten years.

The previously "unspoilt" beach was so useless that rough seas used to deposit deep layers of shingle all over the seafront road and flooding was a real risk.

So, Mr Scarf ... if you are thinking of a long-term property investment in Seaford, it might be worth thinking whether the beach will fall apart again, especially if next time the Environment Agency doesn't step in to save the town, because they'd rather spend their money in Upton on Severn.

Mendoza

NSC's Most Stalked
Do you wanna know whats its like?

Im gonna tell you its like, its a bit like

Gonna find my baby, gonna hold her tight
Gonna grab some afternoon delight.
My motto's always been; when it's right, it's right.
Why wait until the middle of a cold dark night.
When everything's a little clearer in the light of day.
And you know the night is always gonna be there any way.

Sky rockets in flight. Afternoon delight. Afternoon delight.

Thinkin' of you's workin' up my appetite
Looking forward to a little afternoon delight.
Rubbin' sticks and stones together makes the sparks ingite
And the thought of rubbin' you is getting so exciting.

The Large One

Who's Next?
Jul 7, 2003
97.2FM

Oh no, not that song again...
:shutup:

Carrot Cruncher

NHS Slave
Helpful Moderator
Jul 30, 2003
Southampton, United Kingdom

I don't know, that sounds kind of crazy. It sounds like you have mental problems

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here